PDA

View Full Version : were technicians briefed in advance of 50Mb release?

y=mx+c
18-12-2008, 23:24
Just a quickie, Did VM actually brief out in advance the launch date for the new 50Mb broadband to its field based technicians? Thanx

Frank
18-12-2008, 23:53
I'm pretty much certian they did. Not that every tech 'got it'.

BenMcr
19-12-2008, 00:00
I expect the briefs have been mainly targeted at the techs that will installing it in the areas that have been released.

As it gets rollout to more places, those techs will also be briefed

General Maximus
19-12-2008, 00:34
i think so because the dudes here certainly knew a lot about it before hand.

Welshchris
19-12-2008, 01:07
the techs in swansea didnt even know about the wireless routers even after a year after their release lol

Joxer
19-12-2008, 01:23
We do 50Mb!!!!!!!!

moaningmags
19-12-2008, 01:29
I'm sure they'll brief us eventually Joxer.

LaineY
19-12-2008, 02:23
We will be breifed when its put out to more area's most of the 50MB Querys we get are for pricing.

Tarantella
19-12-2008, 08:27
They'd be down in engineering saying "50mb! .. the engines cannae hold it for long captain" in all sorts of dodgy accents I believe.:)

chickendippers
19-12-2008, 10:30
Well it was on the news, you'd hope they know something about it!

Gary L
19-12-2008, 11:25
Nobody at Virgin knows about the 50Mb. they know it's there but there's conflicting information being given out all over the place. they're even sending modems out to people who can't have 50Mb yet.

Unorganised as ever.

broadbandking
19-12-2008, 11:28
My mate who works for VM told me that they didnt know there was a certain number that customer had to call to get the 50Mb shocking really

Pushkar
19-12-2008, 11:42
Even the Sales Team don't really know about 50mb, spoke to a guy and spent about 25 mins on hold just to give me the price of it...

General Maximus
19-12-2008, 12:02
it is hearing stuff like this that makes you lose all confidence in VM and you realise that they don't care about their customers full stop and are quite happy to screw them over. They have been advertising 50mbit is on it's way all year so they have had plenty of time to inform and train their staff. I am involved in this sort of thing myself and all you need to do is work out every single bit of information there is and then decide who needs to know what and what is relevant to them in the way of what the engineers need to know, customer services and the sales guys. It is obvious people are going to ring up wanting to know how their package prices are going to change and that information should have been briefed out and be to hand for the sales team when people ring up. I can imagine the customer service briefing would go something like "in order to make the 50mbit rollout as smooth as possible for us and our customers we have setup a dedicated line for cutomers to get their conenction activated. This will provide great customer service whilst at the same time making your job easier. If anyone rings you by accident politely explain we have a dedicated line for them which will deal with any queries they may have and it is extension xxxx".

Stuff like that is good training and common sense yet they don't seem to care about it. Just as they fail to plan in catering for the demand for a service (slow connections) they fail to deliver on their training and thus customer service.

Gary L
19-12-2008, 14:10
it is hearing stuff like this that makes you lose all confidence in VM and you realise that they don't care about their customers full stop and are quite happy to screw them over.

They'll blame it on what they always do. it takes time for the systems to merge into one.
It really is a big cock up by Virgin in that nobody knows anything. they'll just advertise the thing and stick it on the tele and let somebody else sort out the mess.

Toto
19-12-2008, 14:42
Nobody at Virgin knows about the 50Mb. they know it's there but there's conflicting information being given out all over the place. they're even sending modems out to people who can't have 50Mb yet.

Unorganised as ever.

So, out of some 14-15000 staff, not a single person knows about the service???

Gary L
19-12-2008, 14:48
So, out of some 14-15000 staff, not a single person knows about the service???

I said they know about the service, but there is conflicting info between them all.
why can't you read the whole lot instead of just the part you want?

BenMcr
19-12-2008, 14:58
they're even sending modems out to people who can't have 50Mb yet.
Well thats a bit difficult to do as all the proper 50Mbit installs are via an engineer.

The only Courier delivery modems are in the pilot areas and have to be specially arranged

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

I can imagine the customer service briefing would go something like "in order to make the 50mbit rollout as smooth as possible for us and our customers we have setup a dedicated line for cutomers to get their conenction activated. This will provide great customer service whilst at the same time making your job easier. If anyone rings you by accident politely explain we have a dedicated line for them which will deal with any queries they may have and it is extension xxxx".
There was indeed a brief such at that. It told Customer Care agents to transfer people to 0845 650 4545 to arrange everything

Toto
19-12-2008, 14:59
I said they know about the service, but there is conflicting info between them all.
why can't you read the whole lot instead of just the part you want?

Its difficult to understand what you mean when you have contradictions in your own post.

You said "nobody" in VM knows about it in one sentence, then contradict your own statement in the next one.

Gary L
19-12-2008, 15:14
Its difficult to understand what you mean when you have contradictions in your own post.

You said "nobody" in VM knows about it in one sentence, then contradict your own statement in the next one.

It's a figure of speech. it happens all the time.

Give me your hand and i'll run through it with you.

Nobody at Virgin knows about the 50Mb.
(nobody really knows what's going on)
they know it's there but there's conflicting information being given out all over the place.
(nobody is really sure what's going on)
they're even sending modems out to people who can't have 50Mb yet.
(they still don't know what's going on)