PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Virgin Media (complaints procedure?)

The Jackal
17-12-2008, 19:02
8 years loyal service and it's time to :walk:
(yes I'm on a loyalty package too but the savings do not compensate for 56k modem speeds)

Can't wait to get home tonight to terminate broadband and TV (phoneline is pending via BT)

I'm over the moon tbh !

More to the point can someone tell me where to post a detailed report on Virgin's broadband service ? Or do I just send it to the complaints department, Ofcom (not sure if Virgin signed up) but media contacts will certainly be interested.

General Maximus
17-12-2008, 19:08
is that supposed to be your speed test?

xpod
17-12-2008, 19:21
is that supposed to be your speed test?
Me thinks it`s just wishful thinking.

If it is though then it will surely be the first time someone has left because they were getting far too much:)

Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:22:44 GMT

Test 1: 1024K took 128 ms = 8000 KB/sec, approx 65920 Kbps, 64.38 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 120 ms = 8533.3 KB/sec, approx 70314 Kbps, 68.67 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 119 ms = 8605 KB/sec, approx 70905 Kbps, 69.24 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 955 ms = 2144.5 KB/sec, approx 17671 Kbps, 17.26 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 56203 Kbps, 54.89 Mbps

I`m outta here too if this keeps up;-)

The Jackal
17-12-2008, 19:23
Me thinks it`s just wishful thinking.

If it is though then it will surely be the first time someone has left because they were getting far too much:)

Bingo ! I used photoshop

xpod
17-12-2008, 19:26
Bingo ! I used photoshop

I never:)

EDIT:Computer says NO!

BenMcr
17-12-2008, 19:42
More to the point can someone tell me where to post a detailed report on Virgin's broadband service ? Or do I just send it to the complaints department, Ofcom (not sure if Virgin signed up) but media contacts will certainly be interested.
If you do sent it of OFCOM they will just direct you back to Virgin. You have to follow the full complaint policy as laid out in the Code of Practice (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/pdf/code_of_practice_0208.pdf) (Section 5.5)

The Jackal
17-12-2008, 20:04
If you do sent it of OFCOM they will just direct you back to Virgin. You have to follow the full complaint policy as laid out in the Code of Practice (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/pdf/code_of_practice_0208.pdf) (Section 5.5)

Thank you

WHISTLED
17-12-2008, 20:12
And if you have already requested to cancel it will go straight in the shredde....filing cabinet

The Jackal
17-12-2008, 20:25
And if you have already requested to cancel it will go straight in the shredde....filing cabinet

Thanks I'll hold out a little longer then, besides I probably will not make it home before 8 to cancel anyway

xpod
17-12-2008, 20:28

Hence the reason you shouldn`t even waste your time The Jackal.It`s obviously been a frustrating enough time if it`s been enough to make you cancel so why frustrate yourself even further?

Put it down to experience and move on.

Ah to hell with it....GIVE EM HELL:D

m419
17-12-2008, 20:33
8 years loyal service and it's time to :walk:
(yes I'm on a loyalty package too but the savings do not compensate for 56k modem speeds)

Can't wait to get home tonight to terminate broadband and TV (phoneline is pending via BT)

I'm over the moon tbh !

And have you actually complained or reported this problem direct to Virgin Media in the past?

What i've noticed, people experience one minor problem and think 'oh my days'! The world is coming to an end and then start going to extreme lengths of switching providers and going through all the hassle!

Well good luck with BT hehe! because you will be lucky to get 49K with them, they're *****!

The Jackal
18-12-2008, 17:59
And have you actually complained or reported this problem direct to Virgin Media in the past?

What i've noticed, people experience one minor problem and think 'oh my days'! The world is coming to an end and then start going to extreme lengths of switching providers and going through all the hassle!

Well good luck with BT hehe! because you will be lucky to get 49K with them, they're *****!

Firstly what makes you assume that I'm going to get broadband from BT ?

Secondly yes I have complained to Virgin on several occasions for which they have credited my account several times but tbh that goes no where near compensating for a miserable service.

Anyway I've just got off the phone and have given Virgin notice WOOT !

They are not worth my time.

Funny thing is that they tried to pull the one where I have 3 months contract left on my broadband. YEAH RIGHT ! Told them to stuff that as it's evident that they are not providing me with the service that I'm paying for so they wavered it.

Party time ! :D

LaineY
18-12-2008, 18:24
Party time.. ?

if you are going with a provider through a phone line
have you checked the speed you will get to your exchange?

Good luck mate.. hope it all works out for you..

what ubr where you on?

The Jackal
18-12-2008, 23:33
Party time.. ?

if you are going with a provider through a phone line
have you checked the speed you will get to your exchange?

Good luck mate.. hope it all works out for you..

what ubr where you on?

Thanks dude. Yeah I'm going to try bethere and am close to the exchange.

If that doesn't work then I'm going fibre with a wifi bridge from the business.

UBR ? I was on Enfield but looking at the new routes it could be Harringey which is most definately overloaded :shocked:

EDIT: Appears that I'm on Enfield ubr3

moaningmags
18-12-2008, 23:39
Clicking connection at the top of the page should tell you.

InfiniteBiscuit
19-12-2008, 00:22
Haven't heard a bad thing about Be. If they were available in my area, I'd certainly consider them as an ADSL provider.

But alas, they're not.