PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Broadband speeds and packages

m419
16-12-2008, 20:40
Isnt it time they refreshed the speed,packages and prices???

I mean offering 2MB Broadband advertised at £18 per month is not ideal when many people can get the same through ADSL for as little as £7 per month or included in there unlimited calling plan!

I think they should do this at least!

M Broadband £18 per month: Upgrade from 2MB to 10MB
L Broadband £20 per month: Upgrade from 10MB to 16MB
XL Broadband: £25 per month: 20MB Broadband
XXL Broadband: £37 per month:Upgrade from 20MB to 50MB Broadband

Those on XL and XXL should get Free Mobile Broadband too but as you would expect it will be subject to a fair usage policy. Those on M and L Broadband should be entitled to a discount on mobile broadband as expected.

I have heard that 50MB is going to be a new package and since 20MB already costs £37, 50MB is gonna cost a lot more and that doesnt sound very appealing does it???

Welshchris
16-12-2008, 20:49
i think ur piddling into the wind.

m419
16-12-2008, 21:29
Well they will have to do it sometime soon because its becoming uncompetitive. However, how many people actually pay the advertised prices? I mean a lot of people get retentional offers and bundle offers which is probably the reason why its taking ages to lower prices because of the shortage of revenue.

One thing that has crossed my mind, what speeds do you get in Westminster and Milton Keynes over the BT owned infrastructure?