PDA

View Full Version : Help with this new v+ box!!!

paddymechanic
16-12-2008, 01:50
I used to have sky, now I've changed to Virgin with a new V+ box, With sky, once u turn the box on, it automatically selects the av channel on the tv for u,so u dont have to mess about with the other remote control, With this new box, It selects it, a black screen appears then a white screen then it goes bac to normalchannels,i have to switch it over manually fom here,it is doin my head in and I'm startin to think have I made the wrongmove, Should I have went for a Sky hd box instead,Can anyone hgelp with this please. Thanks.

spiderplant
16-12-2008, 08:19
How is the TV connected to the V+? If it's SCART, it should select the input just like the Sky box did (check the cables are plugged in properly if not). If you are using HDMI, most TVs will not automatically select the input.

paddymechanic
16-12-2008, 10:39
There is a standard scart lead fromtv output on the vm box, to av1 on the tv, also there is a hdmi cable to the tv as well, I have trried this without the hdmi lead and re boot'd the box, still the same. It selects the channel on re boot, then just goes back to normal channels.

spiderplant
16-12-2008, 10:47
In the Display & Audio Settings menu, make sure "TV auto-detects V+ Box (SCART)" is set to on.

Stephen
16-12-2008, 11:05
If you are connected by HDMI there is no need to still have the scart connected. All LCD TVs won't auto switch to HDMI though.

dalboy
18-12-2008, 16:56
Dont think mine auto switches unless the TV is already on the HDMI channel.

And you dont need the SCART lead if your using HDMI.