PDA

View Full Version : Is virgin mobile tied in with all the other services

ontheball
15-12-2008, 17:09
Im an existing customer with broadband, tele and fixed phone. Im wondering what the procedure is for getting on a virgin mobile plan.

ontheball
16-12-2008, 13:22
As I thought seems not. Just phoned up and its not as simple as adding say broadband or tv to your services. Have to go through a credit check even though im already a customer with 3 services.

whydoIneedatech
16-12-2008, 14:05
As I thought seems not. Just phoned up and its not as simple as adding say broadband or tv to your services. Have to go through a credit check even though im already a customer with 3 services.
Same name but classed as a separate companies with no direct links to each other.

chickendippers
16-12-2008, 14:29
As a Virgin Media customer you get better tariffs: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/mobile/existing.html

ontheball
16-12-2008, 14:42
Its really annoying. Im likely to fail the credit check meaning i cant get a mobile for 10 pound a month but yet can quite easily add 50mb broadband to my package for 51 pound a month.

chickendippers
16-12-2008, 22:55
Yes I also failed the Virgin Mobile credit check, too bad for them I just went next door and 3 were happy to take my money :)

ontheball
17-12-2008, 10:56
Yep failed just got an email. Think ill try 3.

grimlea
13-01-2009, 20:27
i would phone the call centre. if you fail the credit check you may well get offered the same deal on payg - even better in my opinion

SamW
20-01-2009, 21:42
i would phone the call centre. if you fail the credit check you may well get offered the same deal on payg - even better in my opinion

The credit checks at Virgin are silly, shouldn't really be there for such low payments.

Hugh
20-01-2009, 22:02
The credit checks at Virgin are silly, shouldn't really be there for such low payments.
Very easy to run up large bills for the telephone or Pay-Per-View.

grimlea
21-01-2009, 22:38

hmm, can't believe u honestly think that. I mean come on - you sign up for a pay monthly deal, you pay by direct debit & the company provides you with credit. What company would not do a credit check?

you'd be amazed at how many ppl who have passed credit score run into problems - there would be a lot more if there was no credit check. sometimes if customer has been roaming charges could mount up to thousands of pounds. I have seen one person who mismanaged his mobile when abroad & he ran up a bill of £4500.

at the end of the day, in order to have direct debit set up, virgin have to provide the customer with credit. they would be stupid to provide credit without checking first to see if it is save to provide that credit. They would soon be out of business.

As well as checking if potential customer has a good credit score, the credit check also checks ID is a genuine ID. If there was no credit check then fraudsters could open up as many accounts as they wanted with the company providing them credit. Organised crime would be quick to take advantage, they already account for massive frauds with all mobile companies. Virgin would be out of business within 6 months.

FYI, a few simliar companies which do credit checks
Sky
O2
Orange
Vodaphone
T Mobile
BT

Basically any company which provides the customer with credit.

Sirius
18-04-2009, 07:39
spam

Reported

100meg
20-04-2009, 08:11
credit check cant be that efficient.

as I owe over 60 grand to various banks and my credit files littered with defaults and they give me a contract phone with out batting an eyelid from virgin

weesteev
22-04-2009, 08:55
credit check cant be that efficient.

as I owe over 60 grand to various banks and my credit files littered with defaults and they give me a contract phone with out batting an eyelid from virgin

Incorrect details given during credit scoring ?? :D

At the moment Virgin mobile is a seperate entity with a seperate billing system and credit scoring setup, but all new cable and mboile customers are now subject to the same scoring system to prevent these issues in future. If you sign up to cable services then your credit score is used for Mobile services and vice versa. One small step to improving the service IMO.

100meg
22-04-2009, 17:54
Incorrect details given during credit scoring ?? :D

At the moment Virgin mobile is a seperate entity with a seperate billing system and credit scoring setup, but all new cable and mboile customers are now subject to the same scoring system to prevent these issues in future. If you sign up to cable services then your credit score is used for Mobile services and vice versa. One small step to improving the service IMO.

nope right details