PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Supplied Netgear WGR614 Router

adyf
15-12-2008, 12:22
Hi everybody, just wondered if anyone has had success connecting a wireless device with an 802.11b wireless adapter to the supplied Virgin router. It does say amongst the Virgin router information that if you have any 802.11b devices that you need to upgrade the wireless adapter to 802.11g. Funny thing is you can change the router settings to work with b & g devices. I may be wrong but I suspect that the Virgin firmware has disabled this function so that only g devices will work, which is really frustrating. Has anyone found a work round or does it mean buying another router? Thanks in advance.

Joxer
15-12-2008, 14:31
Any particular reason you posted that twice? As I said in reply to you r other post:

Could it be the PDA only supports WEP and not WPA?

If so you can set the router to use WEP instead, but it is less secure.

adyf
15-12-2008, 20:27
I don't think it's that because I can't even connect when I use no encryption.

Joxer
16-12-2008, 15:00
Hmm, not that then. Have you tried the router on b only? the default should be b+g but you can change it to g only or b only, not sure it will help because it will slow the connection for other devices.

adyf
17-12-2008, 20:22
Pleased to say I finally got it working, although with WEP encryption only which will suffice. Thanks Joxer for taking the time out to reply.