PDA

View Full Version : Have big problem with modem

virgind_user
15-12-2008, 12:10
Hello,
2st month can`t use cable internet. Phone support seems like very incompetent, called lot of times, not helped.
Ok, problem is simpe, every ~3 mins my PC reconnecting to yours modem. After reconnect 1st of all my PC receiving local IP like 192.168.100.10, than reconnecting again and PC receiving like this ip 77.99.148.* On cmd i making test like "ping google.com -t", ping going good, but after i try load google on web browser(IE), ping going down and not pinging anymore. Only again after all reconnects i can ping google normal, but web pages not loading anyway.. Seems like modem problem?
Modem trade name: Ambit
I have using cable internet in London.
Let me know..

Stuart
15-12-2008, 12:13
:welcome: to the forum.

We maintain contacts within Virgin. If you send me your name, postal address, account number and a contact phone number, I will forward your details to our contacts, who should be able to sort this out.

Joxer
15-12-2008, 14:16
Sounds like the modem is rebooting, though why is the question.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

It might be worth posting the signal levels from your modem config page at 192.168.100.1 (username/password root/root) both the upstream and the downstream. What are the sync and ready lights doing when the connection is lost?

virgind_user
15-12-2008, 16:27
Once i start to load a page , send and receive lights goes off and it stops on half way. cant access config page properly because of that...

Joxer
15-12-2008, 18:20
If it is IE 7 try the reset button on the advanced tab in tools->internet options. If that won't open you should be able to get there from the Control Panel. If it is IE 6 try disabling 3rd Party browser extensions - again on the advanced tab - you should only need to scroll down 1 or 2 lines to find it.

virgind_user
15-12-2008, 19:02
If it is IE 7 try the reset button on the advanced tab in tools->internet options. If that won't open you should be able to get there from the Control Panel. If it is IE 6 try disabling 3rd Party browser extensions - again on the advanced tab - you should only need to scroll down 1 or 2 lines to find it.
Man i`m not novice..;) I think this is problem from modem side, because how i was sayd connetion have loosing every ~3mins, ping from cmd too.. I wat tryed put cable off, and anyway my lan card have reconnecting.. have tryed with different computers...

Joxer
15-12-2008, 19:21
You hadn't mentioned you had used more than one PC. If the modem appears to reboot when opening IE it could be an issue with IE, however, you seem to be saying at one point that is what happens and at other that it works OK (ie you can browse the internet) for 3 minutes and then it stops.

Incidentally what the send and recieve lights are doing should have no bearing on whether or not you can access the modem config page.

When the connection is lost can you still ping the modem?

virgind_user
15-12-2008, 22:38
When the connection is lost can you still ping the modem?
Yes, but only modem IP can ping.. and ~immediately LAN card trys to reconnect.