PDA

View Full Version : PS2 sound problem - help required

Osem
13-12-2008, 11:11
Happy Xmas to all you gamers.

I don't come here often but my eldest is pulling his hair out because his PS2 has lost its audio output for some reason. It started a few days ago intermittently and a quick wiggle of the AV plug on the back on the console did the trick for a while. Now however although the video side is fine, we can't get any sound at all. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers as always :tu:

Kymmy
13-12-2008, 11:14
If it would work with a waggle then it's probably a dry joint on the main board......

Unless you're extremely adept with a soldering iron and know what you're looking for then you'd best take it to one of the fixed fee repair places...

Osem
13-12-2008, 11:32
Ahh thanks for that. Didn't even know there are places which repair these things...... I have a mate who might be able to do that - he's a TV engineer.

Cheers.

Osem
13-12-2008, 20:57
I just checked the console for a headphones socket but it doesn't have one :( but could I simply connect some USB speakers or headphones to the console via one of the USB ports and get the audio that way??

Osem
09-01-2009, 10:40
Problem sorted - it turned out to be a faulty lead at the concole end. Luckily a mate had an old one lying around and it's done the trick.

One happy child ....... :)

Cheers anyway.