PDA

View Full Version : Orange Dolphin plan- free GPRS?

m419
12-12-2008, 23:30
I'm on Orange pay as you go on the Dolphin plan, I know access to Facebook,Bebo and Myspace are free, but what about other sites? I have been heavily using GPRS for other sites too and I havent been charged a penny! Also there is a daily cap on the free access to facebook,bebo and myspace, although that never seems to kick in, is this how its supposed to be now, have they altered the terms and pricing?

Kymmy
12-12-2008, 23:34
As per the website

m419
14-12-2008, 00:53
Thanks, but everything is still free even You Tube streaming! Although you need to be in 3G range to use that.

Pia
14-12-2008, 02:06
I don't see how they can limit the free access to facebook only. The limit probably includes all sites, they must have had some sort of deal with FB to get people on that.

m419
14-12-2008, 21:27
Well to be honest I think Orange is pretty lousey these days in comparison to how it was before, I mean when I last used them, they didnt use foreign call centres,the reception was better, the pricing was simplified and the website was not like a maze!

The Orange website is never ending and the content is just muddled up, I think it should be more like the Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile websites, they have a News section,a section which shows all the products and services like a showroom, a section for existing customers and technical support site.

The Orange website has been thrown together with Freeserve/Wanadoo and everything is just all over the place!

It would help if they did this:

Create 2 seperate websites:

www.orangehome.co.uk
www.orange-wirefree.co.uk

The Orange home site should contain the following:

News and Entertainment section
Orange Home showroom
Orange Home Existing customers section
Home Accessories
Contact us
Technical support

Orange Wirefree:

News and Entertainment
Orange Wirefree showroom
Orange Wirefree existing customers section
Wirefree accessories
contact us
technical support

Orange Home is the division of Orange Homebroadband,Orange Homephone,Orange Wireless and Talk and Orange-At-Home-Accessories

Orange Wirefree is the division of Orange Pay As You Go Mobiles,Orange Pay Monthly Mobiles,Orange Mobile Broadband and Orange Mobile 3G services as well as Orange Mobile accessories.

A seperate website should be created for the new product 'Orange Unique' which is similar to BT Fusion, it works as a homephone indoors and turns into a 3G Mobile outdoors, so you just have one phone for all your needs!

It would be much more organised this way and customers and potential customers would be able to find the right content much more easily!

ruddock08
19-12-2008, 16:20
i was on orange dolphin payg and had excatly the same. they didnt charge me a penny for the internet!

etccarmageddon
18-03-2009, 16:31
up until a week ago I was on Orange free text pay as you go plan with gives you free evening internet.

I then got a text from Orange saying they were moving me to Dolphin - I rang the call centre (Indian) to complain about losing my free evening internet and after a hour of talking to about 3 people they came back to me and said that even though Dolphin is advertised as free access to social networking sites it is actually free internet access to everything. I move to this plan early next month so I'll be angry if it turns out the call centre staff lied to me.

m419
22-03-2009, 18:18
No they are right its free internet 24/7 on everything not just social networking sites.

Most of the pay monthly tariffs have it as well,Ive noticed that orange pay monthly have no indian call centres too!

kaoz739
13-06-2009, 21:06
The internet is free, but its due to the "Fair usage policy", that is 50MB. Basically only if u stream music/video that will affect You, or download large files - usually anyway. Orange fails at things like that badly.

m419
14-06-2009, 02:44
I took the biscuit when i was on that, i was on you tube all day and facebook and went over the limit,they never charged a penny.

But overall the service and pricing of services:

one word:

CRAP!

kaoz739
14-06-2009, 14:15
They charged me like 11 quid - all of ma credit.
Then they said that it's ma fault, but they gave me 15p, 30 free texts and then 60 free minutes to landlines&mobile phones as a gift. But Yeah, My free internet's gone :(

Did you use GPRS or 3G?
I used 3G (N)

bmc
14-10-2009, 13:10
I have just got a new number with orange, on th 22nd of september, i was set up with dolphin pay plan wich was free txts free facebook and my space access, now it is charging me to go on facebook, so i called up and was told that you only get 15mg of free internet, were as on my last phone i got unlimited... Does any1 else have this problem.

xero01uk
25-04-2010, 14:14
Sorry to bump an old thread, but ive seen adverts on TV about this, i used the so called free internet but my credit still went after a few days

All i use is the Facebook Windows Mobile App and a twitter app, with a rare run of google maps

is internet on paug on dolphin totall free or just on certain websites?

Hom3r
25-04-2010, 15:05
Well all my available price plans under PAYG

Camel
Canary
Monkey
Dolphin
Racoon

maximum daily charge for mobile internet browsing£2†

†Subject to a 25MB per day cap

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Idiot just seen the top part of dolphin price plan.

£10 a month gives you 100MB free internet.

So changed to Dolphin.

Matth
26-04-2010, 19:23
Hard to figure though, you'd need a flippin' enormous spreadsheet to work out who youd be best off with.

Orange Dolphin gives you 100MB for your £10 topup, and they say £10 worth of free internet, so does that mean it's 10p/MB after that? - cannot find it on their site.

3 give 150MB with topup (not sure if the online only £5 also gets it), but the run-on rate of 30p/MB is poor compared to Virgin's 30p/day used/ 25MB - the stinker with VM's rate is that a tiny bit of unwanted app traffic per day could see you paying 30p EVERY day, so maybe tariffs with a bit of bundle/freebie allowance are a better idea.

m419
30-04-2010, 19:15
To be honest when it comes to Pay As You Go, 3 are probably most generous, they give you a good data allowance together with free texts and free 3 to 3 calls and the broadband speed is much faster compared to Orange, 3 and T-Mobile merged there 3G networks together,both now offer the same level of 3G service.

What I have found with Orange,whether you have all bars of 3G coverage or 1 bar, the internet is proper slow, on 3 and T-Mobile, the internet is much faster even with 1 or 2 bars.

Vodafone is also the same, really slow!

Ben B
30-04-2010, 19:24
I have Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Internet on O2 for £15/month top up and that is a 500mb cap and the internet speeds seems to be pretty fast, my phone says 3G+ more than G so that's good :)

Hom3r
30-04-2010, 19:48
I am on orange, and have switched to Dolphin.

I have used to software that comes with the phone (SE W910i) it allows me to use the phone as a modem to access the web, but I have yet to get it working accessing outlook via the phone to check emails

alferret
30-04-2010, 20:10
I'm on racoon 30 (I think) which comes with 500mb t'interweb'styleee thingy but I only use around 30-40mb a month

Hom3r
30-04-2010, 21:46
For some reason when I look at my account on the orange website plans Racoon is NA?

Pia
30-04-2010, 23:28
They all say NA on mine. I can't even add magic numbers to my plan cos it's an old one that they don't do anymore. I get free Orange evening calls, free texts, and £4 worth of web.

Why would you wanna go on Racoon anyway, it's pap.

With Racoon you get our lowest flat rate of 15p/minute and 10p/text to anyone on any network or landline, at any time of the day or night. Select this option to move onto Racoon.

They should offer this as standard!

m419
02-05-2010, 13:44
Orange Pay As You Go tariffs have remained the same for a long time,they hardly ever change

1999 to 2006:

Choose your own off-peak: Calls to non-orange phones cost 25p off peak and 50p per minute peak times. Calls to Orange phones and landlines cost 20p per minute peak and 10p per minute off peak

Talk and Save: Calls to landlines and orange phones cost 25p per minute for the first 3 minutes then 5p per minute after that. Calls to non-orange phones dropped from 50p per minute to 40p per minute soon after launch of this service plan.

All Calls: Calls to Orange phones and UK landlines costed 20p per minute at all times,calls to other network costed 40p per minute. What a crap tariff!!!

All calls to Answerphone and WAP 10p per minute, Now 15p per minute for those still using the above plans.

In 2006, they stopped new customers accessing the above plans and Orange had only one Pay As You Go tariff 'Fixed Rates All Day' and offered calls to landlines,orange phones and UK mobiles for 15p per minute. It began to offer some of the special offers which the animal plans offer today.

A year later they introduced the Animal plans, Note that Racoon,Fixed Rates all day and All Calls plans are virtually the same.

You spend the same amount as would of on the old plans,the reduce the cost of one thing and increase the cost of something else.