PDA

View Full Version : Newsgroup Response Times

laidbackfreak
11-12-2008, 10:57
HI guys, thought I'd drop in and say hello

well im back with ntlhell (albeit in there new improved current guise of virgin lol) after all these years, I last used them around 10years ago nice to see not much has improved

I've currently just subscribed to there 20meg bb and surprise - surprise getting no where near that I get around 1 - 5meg in the evenings !!
I'm not doing any heavy downloads we have two laptops and its just general surfing and the odd media catchup no where near the throtle limits

Ive done a fair bit of reading on here and it looks like my modem is on the limits, but given where I'm living (SW17) I suspect its an oversubscribed area.

Anyways I posted some info on the newsgroup last night but wondered how long before I would get a response\call reference, any know??

I've already had the TV package upgraded as they said the deal on there website (Still advertised there) doesnt exist! lol

cheers for the info so far guys

icestar2
11-12-2008, 11:15
:welcome: I myself found the newsgroup's very good. They usually responded within a couple hours at the most unless it was posted late in the evening when no one is on there.

They will usually book an engineer for you to if they see a fault etc etc.

Just keep an eye on your post am sure you'll get a reply after not to long. Be ready to give them some information to that they may ask for e.g. modem settings.

chickendippers
11-12-2008, 11:20
They usually respond pretty quickly between 9am and 10pm.

laidbackfreak
11-12-2008, 11:31
cheers guys, twas late in the evening and wasnt expecting a reply last night, but wasnt sure how long id need\have to wait....

moaningmags
11-12-2008, 12:43
They have an SLA of 4 hours. This means they have 4 hours from when you posted to repsond.
The groups are manned 8am - 10pm.

laidbackfreak
11-12-2008, 19:02
cheers :-)

well ive got a response (basically i asked it it was an over-subscribed area) and this is what they've said

" I've investigated this for you know and spotted that there has been a high
utilisation over the last couple of nights. It has already been raised and due an upgrade on the 20th January. "

So guess its onto customer services n do some hagglin???

PS I've just asked for a reference number as they havent given me one yet