PDA

View Full Version : PCGuard Security Password

danclyon
09-12-2008, 20:46
Posting on behalf of my sister, but being driven insane by this piece of software.

I installed PCGuard for her (yes I know - shoot me!) and she set the passwords. She has forgotten her Security password which of course she now needs to change anything. Can't remove PCGuard as even though I've turned the services off and tried to stop them from running on startup - they still bloody run. Also the services cannot be terminated from the Services control panel which is really annoying.

Reading the help pages it seems that VM should be able to send her a link to a file that will allow her to re-set the password, but will the (no)helpdesk do this - no. They say "tough" - and that means the only way any other app can access the internet is if I spend a weekend backing up their data and re-installing Windows to get rid of this software.

Can anyone advise how to get rid of it or fix the password problem *please*?

Thanks muchly,
Dan.

moaningmags
09-12-2008, 20:48
Start > All Programs > Diagnostic Utility > hold down ctrl shift U > it will ask if you're sure you want to remove the password, say yes and it will remove the password.

danclyon
09-12-2008, 21:45
Start > All Programs > Diagnostic Utility > hold down ctrl shift U > it will ask if you're sure you want to remove the password, say yes and it will remove the password.

WHOOOOO - you are a lifesaver! Thanking you very very much!

Cheers,
Dan.

moaningmags
09-12-2008, 21:46
Lol you're very welcome.

Hom3r
09-12-2008, 22:14
Another satisfied CF user.:)

Stick around