PDA

View Full Version : 4th sunday on the run, ridiculous now

thighguy_uk
08-12-2008, 09:37
ok, so what the hell is going on, further to my previous posts, this is now the 4th sunday that my modem has stopped working.

Basically, all ok during the week and saturday and sunday daytime, then last night at 7pm, yet again, modem ready light starts blinking, connection drops. Several modem reboots and about an hour later it all comes back to life.

Someone must know a reason for this, please help, its drving me nutty.

thx

webcrawler2050
08-12-2008, 10:02
Have you spoken to Tech support as of yet? Could be several reasons, although sounds like a dead modem. TS Should be able to offer / send a replacement.

broadbandking
08-12-2008, 11:22
ok, so what the hell is going on, further to my previous posts, this is now the 4th sunday that my modem has stopped working.

Basically, all ok during the week and saturday and sunday daytime, then last night at 7pm, yet again, modem ready light starts blinking, connection drops. Several modem reboots and about an hour later it all comes back to life.

Someone must know a reason for this, please help, its drving me nutty.

thx

You could also try the newsgroups, they are great there, normally alot better than phone support

thighguy_uk
08-12-2008, 11:30
well i just spoke to tech support and apparently my mac address is not registered to my account so they sorting that out, also problem with the box in the road which they going to sort too, so fingers crossed.

Kymmy
08-12-2008, 11:41
DHCP (7 day lease) was timing out, with no mac address registered the CM can;t get a new one :) Hence it kept happening on the same day