PDA

View Full Version : Can I throw these out?

Milambar
08-12-2008, 09:28
When the technician recently installed a phoneline and tv box, he left some items behind. Do I need to store them in case VM ever want them back, or can I throw them out?

The items are:
VOCOM TV / FM isolator
2x Forward Path Attenuator 10dB
Length of white cable (no ends crimped onto it)

I know I'm probably safe throwing them out, but I just want to make sure, last thing I need is a bill for the components.

Horace
08-12-2008, 10:53
I'd keep the isolator and attenuators since they may come in useful if you have problems in future.

sparky621
08-12-2008, 11:26
Unless you are able to make your own ends off the cable is of no use to you.
As Horace says keep hold of the other bits, especially the attenuators, as they may come in handy in future. The techs seem to throw these around like confetti so your not going to be charged for them.

thamesvalley
10-12-2008, 23:31
Throw them all out, if they were good for anything, the installer would have taken them himself! ;-)
NB if it was the original isolator and the installer has put a new one in for you, definately throw the old one out, it either faulty or non-standard now and could cause you problems if you try o use it.
I also wouldnt reccommend using the attenuators as you will not have an accuarate means of measuring the signal strength - if you have a genuine fault at any stage, call VM and get them to send a tech rather than messing about with the bits and peices yourself.