PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Contact Nums and Emails needed - high ups

Samtheman
04-12-2008, 19:56
Hi,

I've been hanging here for a while but finally signed up because I need help. I'm not meaning to be in a hurry but, my phones are dead and so is the power to one because its fed off the phoneline. I can't call Virgin, I've been trying on a mobile all day and spent £45 of credit on their 0845 number.

Email? Non-existent. Anyway I would appreciate it if I could have some emails and phone numbers of some high ups so I can make sure I can fix this crap service and make them know how bad this service is.

This is ridculous now - i'm holding on the phone for 10 minutes for it to be cut off by unsympathetic support.

P.S. My brown Telewest box outside the house has frayed and damaged wires (I think this is the problem) but I can't even get hold of an engineer.

My business has important events tommorow so I needed it today.

Thanks!

Kymmy
04-12-2008, 20:01
If you're using it for business then you should have a business account with the 6 hour SLA.......

Apart from that try the newsgroups as they seem to be a lot more efficient

Samtheman
04-12-2008, 20:03
No it's not a business account asuch - it is a home phone which we use at home but as business is ran from home it is used for it.

The guy hung up on me again after telling me it wasn't his problem.

Any newsgroups in particular?

I might check news.blueyonder.co.uk but doubt it will yield a result.

Raistlin
04-12-2008, 20:04
Why would he say it wasn't his problem?

You're a Virgin customer, and your Virgin phone line is dead?

Samtheman
04-12-2008, 20:07
Good question - he said he worked in packages and would transfer to faults (but actually transferred me to another guy in packages), 0208 is my area code (South London), so the system classically starts telling me about 0207 (N.London and keeps mentioning liverpool)

Been a customer since 1998 and with these people the second something goes wrong its so difficult to get hold of them. But this seems to only start when NTL acquired Telewest.

They answer the sales number like a bullet, the fault one though and your on hold for 20 minutes before cut off.

on in an hour!
04-12-2008, 20:09
No it's not a business account asuch - it is a home phone which we use at home but as business is ran from home it is used for it.

The guy hung up on me again after telling me it wasn't his problem.

Any newsgroups in particular?

I might check news.blueyonder.co.uk but doubt it will yield a result.

that still qualifies it as a business line,albeit from a resedential premises :erm:

Samtheman
04-12-2008, 20:10
Well, I don't have any numbers except 151 or 0845 number.

joglynne
04-12-2008, 20:11
You need to post your problem on virginmedia.support.telephony and details of how to set up Virgin Media Newsgroups can be found here. (http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/setting-up.php)

Samtheman
04-12-2008, 20:12
Thanks, I know how to setup newsgroups!

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Doesn't this mean I have to put up my details up publicly though? e.g. acct number, address.

Raistlin
04-12-2008, 20:13
Nope, just post the details of your problem - one of the support guys should give you a tug and request any further information that they need.

You can confirm that they are who they say they are because they will be able to contact you from an official email address and so on.

Kymmy
04-12-2008, 20:13
If you had a business line they do have both a 6 hour fix time and a 24hour freephone number.. Not saying it'll help now but if you do rely on the phone for business usage then perhaps might be a better option for the future

Samtheman
04-12-2008, 20:18
Yeah I'll give Newsgroups a try, thanks a lot. As for the business line, I think after today Virgin are losing all services.

on in an hour!
04-12-2008, 20:19
If you had a business line they do have both a 6 hour fix time and a 24hour freephone number.. Not saying it'll help now but if you do rely on the phone for business usage then perhaps might be a better option for the future

agreed,instead of winging it all these years when clearly knowing using a line for business (wherever its installed) is deemed a 'business line',the OP could have been upfront before it was installed and saved all of this hassle now :monkey:

Samtheman
04-12-2008, 20:31
Thanks for your help regarding Newsgroups - sorry we use it for business but not frequently e.g. maybe 20 calls a year.

Mick Fisher
04-12-2008, 21:02
I have a BT line, I know,I know, about Phorm and how carp BT is as a Company.

I recently discovered I had a fault with my line and grudgingly had to report it. :(

Surprisingly I got through to faults extremely promptly. The agent I spoke to was courteous and knowledgeable but doubted what I was complaining of. She said she would investigate and call me back. :Yikes:

I took this with a pinch of salt and got on with my life.

However within a few minutes she was back on the phone :shocked: to confirm I was right and that she had reported it to an engineer at the local exchange.

Later the same day the engineer phoned :shocked:, apologised for my inconvenience, said he thought he had found the fault and needed my help, together we managed to test the line to prove everything was working. I thanked him for his first class service.

Then later on, again on the same day, BT CS phoned me :shocked: to enquire if my line was working properly again. I thanked them and conformed it was.

I am impressed and quite gob-smacked. I can't remember receiving this level of support since the good old days of "The customer is always right".

Maybe I was 'just lucky' but..................

chickendippers
04-12-2008, 21:49
I've always had success using the BT online line fault reporting tool; the txt message updates are very handy and the two fault we had was resolved in about 24 hours. In my opinion VM could learn from them.

However when it comes to broadband, my experience of BT is shocking.

Ernie_C
05-12-2008, 09:45
that still qualifies it as a business line,albeit from a resedential premises :erm:
That's not true. It would only be a business account if it was signed up as a business account. The residential accounts allow LIMITED home working but do not give the levels of service and fault response expected of a business account.

m419
17-12-2008, 19:45
Hi,

I've been hanging here for a while but finally signed up because I need help. I'm not meaning to be in a hurry but, my phones are dead and so is the power to one because its fed off the phoneline. I can't call Virgin, I've been trying on a mobile all day and spent £45 of credit on their 0845 number.

Email? Non-existent. Anyway I would appreciate it if I could have some emails and phone numbers of some high ups so I can make sure I can fix this crap service and make them know how bad this service is.

This is ridculous now - i'm holding on the phone for 10 minutes for it to be cut off by unsympathetic support.

P.S. My brown Telewest box outside the house has frayed and damaged wires (I think this is the problem) but I can't even get hold of an engineer.

My business has important events tommorow so I needed it today.

Thanks!

Forget that 0845 number!

Try the following:

Dial 0500-500-500
Enter your full landline telephone number incl area code when asked too
Select option 3 for existing customers

You will then hear a message saying 'Want to talk to our customer care team,they are standing by to help,just give em a call on 150 from your Virgin phone blah blah blah,

WAIT TILL THE END OF THAT MESSAGE!

And guess wat, you through to customer services for FREE! because 0500-500-500 is the freephone sales line.

Other Sales numbers:

0800-953-5387
0800-183-1234
0800-052-4000
0800-073-0551

Also, for Telewest's automated billing service and billing quiries call 0800-073-0366!

And for Virgin Media Westminster and Milton Keynes customers, the freephone number for all quiries related to Analogue TV and Cable Broadband services is 0800-952-0345

BenMcr
17-12-2008, 22:06
Freephone numbers are still chargable from mobiles ;)

AndyCambs
20-12-2008, 08:09
Freephone numbers are still chargable from mobiles ;)Some mobiles - I think Orange still give free calls to 0800 and 0500 numbers, don't they?

mercyground
20-12-2008, 21:47
I feel your pain. I have my phone out at present. However driving back home today i think i found the reason. (This is after having been fobbed off by indian tech services telling me it was my fault for having a cordless phone.)

Our green box is currently lying on its side in the bushes.

TS20 2XA if anyone is browsing from NTL. Fortuatly i still have internet or someone would be suffering burnt ears. I'm trying to sort car out and arrange to pick someone up from london at present. Dealership has screwed up the car and i've got to drive to london on tuesday.

Stress? /me grumbles and opens another bottle of wine.

m419
20-12-2008, 22:01
Some mobiles - I think Orange still give free calls to 0800 and 0500 numbers, don't they?

BT Payphones,Spectrum Interactive(New World Payphones and Infolines do not charge for calls to freephone numbers.

Furthermore, in the past Virgin Media have called me back when they find out that im using a mobile to call them, next time if its not possible to use a payphone, tell them to call you back!

tiptoetony
21-12-2008, 19:33
my land line died today also. I received a call from Spain at 11.00 am that was really poor quality and since then I've had no dialing tone. My one fixed phone won't stop ringing but my 3 cordless just sound dead.
I've tried posting a message on the Virgin.support.telephony newsgroup but am concerned that I cannot get a message through to Virgin itself to log the fault. Any Ideas?