PDA

View Full Version : Answerphone not answering

Willow7
03-12-2008, 18:02
Hi, I’ve just started using Virgin media, broadband has been working fine for a month and now I’ve just transferred in my old Tiscali land line number. And I have a problem :dunce: which I hope someone can help me with.

When I test by using a mobile phone to ring my cable phone about half the time my answering machine doesn’t answer but keeps ringing. The times it does answer the caller display is showing the incoming number. The times when it doesn’t answer the caller display alternates between showing the incoming number and showing RINGBACK. It flashes between the two messages during the incoming call. I’ve spoken to a few people at Virgin and they say they have no faults and to try another phone.

I have Virgin Media cable in an ex NTL area. The phone services I have active are 1471 (had to ring up to get this enabled) and caller display, I don’t have the Virgin voicemail service. My phone is a BT DIVERSE 6250 answerphone.

southwell
03-12-2008, 19:33
My voicemail was turned on when i got my line activated, i had to phone up and get it disabled before my answer machine would pick up. I did get through to the virgin answer phone so it may not be the same problem as you.

Willow7
04-12-2008, 08:18
Thanks Southwell, unfortunately that's not my problem, I'm sure my voicemail is not activated as I don't get through to the Virgin voicemail. Cheers. :)

Wild Oscar
04-12-2008, 13:56
I've had a problem recently with two cordless phones refusing to work at all .. this might be a related problem.

Have you gor a corded phone you could try on the line?

Willow7
04-12-2008, 18:21
It works fine with a regular corded phone. If I don't come up with anything sooner I plan to borrow an answerphone from work next week. Cheers.

Invader Zim
03-09-2010, 13:23
Hello peoples, here is the answer to your problems with the voicemails: http://forum.computer-technology.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115

hope that helps :D cheers

Digital Fanatic
03-09-2010, 16:00
Hello peoples, here is the answer to your problems with the voicemails: http://forum.computer-technology.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=115

hope that helps :D cheers

This thread is 2 years old :D

The OP is saying they don't have the VM answr service switched on though, so not the answer here. :)