PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] VM Traffic Shaping

FlimsyFeet
01-12-2008, 08:39
Last night it appears I was a victim of VM's updated traffic management policy. I was trying to upload a failry large video file to a friend via FTP, at some point I must have hit the upstream threshold and got myself "managed".

I'm on the 'L' package, and even after closing everything down the internet was still virtually unusable. No I'm in trouble with my wife because the DVD she wanted to order from Amazon last night but couldn't because it kept timing out, has gone up £3 in price! :mad:

Had connection problems this morning as well for some reason, but rebooting the modem & router seems to have fixed it.

For future reference, any advice how I can avoid this happening agian? (Apart from burning the files to a disc and sending via Royal Mail!)

Looking here: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html
Is it tru I can upload at full speed until 3:00p.m., but need to cut back between 3:00 and 8:00p.m. to avoid uploading more than 700MB? (I reckon that's about 39.8KB/s, so if I limit upload speed to around 30KB/s during this time, to allow a margin for normal internet browsing, I should be OK?)

southwell
01-12-2008, 09:05
You aren't traffic managed between 9pm and 10am, the rest of the time there are limits. The link you posted shows times and amounts. The upload STM finishes at 8PM instead of the download STM, which is 9PM.
If you don't want to get traffic managed then you need to keep your major traffic usage after those times.

Noggo
01-12-2008, 16:00
move to Sky BB

Harry56
02-12-2008, 15:39
Do what I did, and tell Virgin Media what they can do with their so-called "unlimited" service and move to a company that doesn't indiscriminately cut your speed.

Being traffic managed between 10am to 3pm then 4pm to 9pm doesn't sound like an "unlimited" service to me.

It was so lovely telling them :)

broadbandking
02-12-2008, 16:07
Do what I did, and tell Virgin Media what they can do with their so-called "unlimited" service and move to a company that doesn't indiscriminately cut your speed.

Being traffic managed between 10am to 3pm then 4pm to 9pm doesn't sound like an "unlimited" service to me.

It was so lovely telling them :)

Hmmmm so what ISP did you move too with a UNLIMITED SERVICE as ALL ISP's apart from sky have some sort of limit, some have Phorm and Traffic management on all night for all users no matter if they download or not.

Noggo
02-12-2008, 16:37
and the only Sky BB with truly unlimited download is the Max package, useless they're changed it in to all in the last few weeks since on the Gadget Show. I think a chap from O2 was on the show and he say something about no customers have every been throtled or cut-off for downloading too much, so from that statement O2 or bethere are very lenient with their FUP.

Harry56
02-12-2008, 17:57
Hmmmm so what ISP did you move too with a UNLIMITED SERVICE as ALL ISP's apart from sky have some sort of limit, some have Phorm and Traffic management on all night for all users no matter if they download or not.

Hmmmmmm well done :) So now I can download a couple of PS3 games and perhaps a BBC iplayer programme without getting my speed reduced by 75% like a naughty schoolboy at a time when I would like and not between the hours of 9pm & 10am.

chickendippers
02-12-2008, 20:17
I don't understand how a reduction in your download/upload speed prevented your wife from accessing Amazon?

southwell
02-12-2008, 20:34
I don't understand how a reduction in your download/upload speed prevented your wife from accessing Amazon?
If he got traffic managaged whilst uploading then the internet would pretty much die in my experience.

Wicked_and_Crazy
02-12-2008, 20:47
If he got traffic managaged whilst uploading then the internet would pretty much die in my experience.

i've been traffic managed once or twice but it's never stopped me browsing. Sounds like the typical drama queen story i'm always reading on here

Harry56
02-12-2008, 20:50
I'm on the 'L' package, and even after closing everything down the internet was still virtually unusable. No I'm in trouble with my wife because the DVD she wanted to order from Amazon last night but couldn't because it kept timing out, has gone up £3 in price! :mad:

Virgin Media's "unlimted" service limits you to 2400MB between 10am and 3pm then limits you to half that amount (1200MB) between 4pm and 10pm but your internet connection should still work at any time.

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 21:00
Last night it appears I was a victim of VM's updated traffic management policy. I was trying to upload a failry large video file to a friend via FTP, at some point I must have hit the upstream threshold and got myself "managed".

Had connection problems this morning as well for some reason, but rebooting the modem & router seems to have fixed it.

For future reference, any advice how I can avoid this happening agian? (Apart from burning the files to a disc and sending via Royal Mail!)

Looking here: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html
Is it tru I can upload at full speed until 3:00p.m., but need to cut back between 3:00 and 8:00p.m. to avoid uploading more than 700MB? (I reckon that's about 39.8KB/s, so if I limit upload speed to around 30KB/s during this time, to allow a margin for normal internet browsing, I should be OK?)

VM's new 'broadband honesty statement' now states 5pm-11pm as the crucial times you may see a slowdown in your speed.;)

Wicked_and_Crazy
02-12-2008, 21:15
Virgin Media's "unlimted" service limits you to 2400MB between 10am and 3pm then limits you to half that amount (1200MB) between 4pm and 10pm but your internet connection should still work at any time.

but it doesnt stop you browsing amazon

Russ
02-12-2008, 21:16
So why does the website say 4 til 9?

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 21:26
So why does the website say 4 til 9?

from 05/12/08 most ISP's will be delivering this statement (in line with OFCOM reccomendations) when selling/upselling their broadband.obviously other ISP's will have different 'slow down times' they will be advising their potential customers on,but VM's will state the times as previous post.;)

Russ
02-12-2008, 21:33
That doesn't really answer my question. The website says 4pm until 9pm, you're now saying it's until 11pm. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, shouldn't the website also say 11pm?

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 21:40
from 05/12/08 most ISP's will be delivering this statement (in line with OFCOM reccomendations) when selling/upselling their broadband.obviously other ISP's will have different 'slow down times' they will be advising their potential customers on,but VM's will state the times as previous post.;)

That doesn't really answer my question. The website says 4pm until 9pm, you're now saying it's until 11pm. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here, shouldn't the website also say 11pm?

all youre misunderstanding russ is my post above! ;) (first line bud)

Russ
02-12-2008, 21:44
OK all clever wording aside, when does VM's shaping end, 9pm or 11pm?

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 21:48
OK all clever wording aside, when does VM's shaping end, 9pm or 11pm?
theres nothing clever Russ about the wording 'from 05/12/08' :(

Russ
02-12-2008, 21:50
So at the moment it's 9pm but from the end of the week it's 11pm?

grubbymitts
02-12-2008, 21:53
probably not, but the chances are you will see slow down during 4 to 11 because that's when everybody is on!

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 21:54
So at the moment it's 9pm but from the end of the week it's 11pm?

are you purposely being pedantic Russ,its not like its difficult to read from my post: 'from 05/12/08' :banghead:

Russ
02-12-2008, 21:59
Well to be fair you said 'Most ISPs' - I was just after clarification for those who might not have known about your connection with VM.

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 22:06
Well to be fair you said 'Most ISPs' - I was just after clarification for those who might not have known about your connection with VM.

Russ,have you been on the sauce?? read my post #12,its quite obvious i am replying directly to the OP's original statement concerning his 'VM connection' the 'most ISP's' statement obviously (by nature of the post) included VM.i believe BT broadband have signed up also.;) check post #15 as well bud.

Russ
02-12-2008, 22:13
Post 12 you said it 'now states' it's 11pm but then you go on to say 'from 5/12/08' - that seems to contradict itself - it's still only the 2nd.

Clarification, that's all, and now you've provided it.

Tech_Boy
02-12-2008, 22:14
Just to clear this up, the "Traffic Management" times & limits, stay the same, but VM, like most ISPs are now admitting that your connection may slow down due to the amount of people online between 5 and 11.

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 22:16
Post 12 you said it 'now states' it's 11pm but then you go on to say 'from 5/12/08' - that seems to contradict itself - it's still only the 2nd.

Clarification, that's all, and now you've provided it.

fair comment Russ.i was jumping the gun with the 'now states' comment :dunce:
but just so youre clear: FROM 05/12/08........:D (only messing) ;)

Russ
02-12-2008, 22:17
Just to clear this up, the "Traffic Management" times & limits, stay the same, but VM, like most ISPs are now admitting that your connection may slow down due to the amount of people online between 5 and 11.

OK that's fair enough - but I'm assuming VM should be adding something along those lines to the part of the website which says 4 til 9?

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 22:18
OK that's fair enough - but I'm assuming VM should be adding something along those lines to the part of the website which says 4 til 9?

not until 05/12/08!!! oh i give up :(

Wicked_and_Crazy
02-12-2008, 22:20
I cant believe how pedantic some people can be, but then again.........

on in an hour!
02-12-2008, 22:23
I cant believe how pedantic some people can be, but then again.........

dont you bloody start wicked!! :D :D :D

Russ
02-12-2008, 22:24
not until 05/12/08!!! oh i give up :(

Your climb-down wasn't there when I started to post it ;)

broadbandking
02-12-2008, 22:25
Basically Russ the broadband statement from OFCOM is nothing to do with STM.
All on in a hour is saying all ISP's have to start telling customers they might see a slow down in peak hours so all VM reps have to explain to customer if they are upgrading or taking broadband that between 5 - 11pm you may see a slow down due to congestion not STM.

Tech_Boy
02-12-2008, 22:30
the Traffic Management policy & Honesty statement are two different things.

The Traffic Management policy states that if you download or upload over X amount between certain times, your speeds WILL be reduced.

The Honesty statement is something that Most ISPs are bringing out to say that you MAY NOT get the full advertised speed between 5 and 11pm, due to the amount of people online.

Ie, the speed limit on the motorway is 70, but in rush the hour there are so many cars trying to use the road that you may experience delays.

Wicked_and_Crazy
02-12-2008, 22:31
dont you bloody start wicked!! :D :D :D

mistaken identity ;)

Harry56
02-12-2008, 22:32
but it doesnt stop you browsing amazon

Thanks for repeating what I said :)

Russ
02-12-2008, 22:34
the Traffic Management policy & Honesty statement are two different things.

The Traffic Management policy states that if you download or upload over X amount between certain times, your speeds WILL be reduced.

The Honesty statement is something that Most ISPs are bringing out to say that you MAY NOT get the full advertised speed between 5 and 11pm, due to the amount of people online.

Ie, the speed limit on the motorway is 70, but in rush the hour there are so many cars trying to use the road that you may experience delays.

Hmmmm

Could you dumb it down a little more?

Hehe only joking - that explains it fine :)

Harry56
02-12-2008, 22:36
Basically Russ the broadband statement from OFCOM is nothing to do with STM.
All on in a hour is saying all ISP's have to start telling customers they might see a slow down in peak hours so all VM reps have to explain to customer if they are upgrading or taking broadband that between 5 - 11pm you may see a slow down due to congestion not STM.

Perhaps if VM admitted that their infrastructure can't handle the traffic customers may have some sympathy with them.

Roll on 50Mb, as long as you use it after 11pm :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
02-12-2008, 22:37
Thanks for repeating what I said :)

think you must have drempt it

pabscars
03-12-2008, 13:56
[QUOTE=Tech_Boy;34688200]the Traffic Management policy & Honesty statement are two different things.

wow things are going from bad to worse, wont this statement just get used instead of saying sorry sir but your UBR is oversubscribed :shocked:

Tech_Boy
03-12-2008, 15:07
wow things are going from bad to worse, wont this statement just get used instead of saying sorry sir but your UBR is oversubscribed :shocked:

The Statement is only to be used when selling a speed to a new customer or upgrading the package of an exsisting customer, not as an excuse for overutilised UBRs etc.

Therefore you should never hear it from a tech support agent, only Sales or Customer Services agents.;)

pabscars
03-12-2008, 15:37
One can only hope that this is the case, but do you know what is to be classed as an acceptable reduction of speed due to the ammount of people online between 5 and 11pm, as surely there must be some perameters.

telfordcable
05-12-2008, 11:04
VM had now updated new traffic management in force:

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

VM does have traffic management in force from 10am to 3pm and from 4pm to 9pm 7 days a week. That's work out 10 hours of traffic management each day. Only freedom non-traffic management is just 1 hour between 3pm and 4pm each day and between 9pm and 10am (that's was 13 hours each day) overall 14 hours of non-traffic management each days.

No metion of XLL 50Mb traffic management yet ?

No wonder my speed is c**p all this week between 10am and 9pm - I am serious reconsider going back to ADSL next year for £10 a month as I don't want to pay £37 a month for throttling my 20Mb to below 512K is getting bit silly now. VM should reduce 75% to 50% throttling speed. And removing day time traffic management from 10am to 3pm.

broadbandking
05-12-2008, 13:08
I hear you on the removing the daytime limit

Maggy
05-12-2008, 13:24
Perhaps if VM admitted that their infrastructure can't handle the traffic customers may have some sympathy with them.

Roll on 50Mb, as long as you use it after 11pm :D

Can I ask why you keep posting here?You've made the decision to move on from VM and are very happy but you keep posting very unhelpful and at times off topic comments when you no longer have any use of VM services...Why not go to the other ISP forum and tell everyone about your wonderful service there instead of baiting the VM employees who are trying to provide help to those asking for info about VM..

Magilla
05-12-2008, 14:16
Can I ask why you keep posting here?You've made the decision to move on from VM and are very happy but you keep posting very unhelpful and at times off topic comments when you no longer have any use of VM services...Why not go to the other ISP forum and tell everyone about your wonderful service there instead of baiting the VM employees who are trying to provide help to those asking for info about VM..

It's not off topic and it's an open forum.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

[QUOTE=Tech_Boy;34688200]The Honesty statement is something that Most ISPs are bringing out to say that you MAY NOT get the full advertised speed between 5 and 11pm, due to the amount of people online.

As I understand it the speed now has to be quantified , "MAY NOT get the full" is no longer acceptable.

AbyssUnderground
05-12-2008, 14:29
It's not off topic and it's an open forum.

:clap: Another example where moderators are 'over-moderating'. Saying no more...

On-topic... I can't see any differences on the traffic management page except for the way the table looks. The colours have changed but the data contained within it certainly hasn't. I also haven't noticed any change in my speeds either, and I was doing a fair amount of uploading last night and the night before doing some video work.

synner
05-12-2008, 14:42
On-topic... I can't see any differences on the traffic management page except for the way the table looks. The colours have changed but the data contained within it certainly hasn't. I also haven't noticed any change in my speeds either, and I was doing a fair amount of uploading last night and the night before doing some video work.

Hi,

I'm sure the daytime and evening limits used to be different... It now appears that on 'L' I can only download 1200MB during daytime as well as evening...

Bri

ETA: Actually, checking the page, there is no longer any daytime stm.... Or am I really confused...?

Raistlin
05-12-2008, 14:45
:clap: Another example where moderators are 'over-moderating'. Saying no more...

I wouldn't want to speak for Maggy, but I'm fairly sure you'll find that she was expressing a personal opinion and not making a moderating request - Moderators are entitled to an opinion as well.

It's actually quite tiresome to see people come here for no other reason than to post the same tired old dirge time and time again - particularly when those people don't even have a vested interest in the topic, and where it's plain that their only interest in Cable Forum is to use it as a platform for their own personal vendetta.

There's nothing here that requires any moderating at the moment, everybody's having a nice informed debate.

Let's not spoil things eh? ;)

craigfanman
05-12-2008, 14:58
I just thought I should kind of warn people that the traffic management page HAS changed today, but it is incorrect. According to the table there is no longer a 10-3 limit, and downloading limits only start at 4pm. I thought "wow I can download stuff for once" so I did but when I got to the 2.4gig limit my connection tanked as usual. I tried to explain to customer support that their web page is showing wrong information but they didnt seem to understand really.

Anyway just in case anyone else gets excited like i did, don't. The old rules still apply, Virgin have just made their page wrong.

Pics/proof here (http://theperfectexcuse.blogspot.com/2008/12/virgin-no-correct-information.html)

Jabbs
05-12-2008, 15:29
Got excited then thought they had removed the daytime stm

Maggy
05-12-2008, 15:39

IF it had been a moderation it would have been in bold type...and I'm sure you would not be publicly questioning it...;)

As it is it was a question as to why those who are VM employees offering to help for FREE have to keep running the gamut of unhelpful comments from those who aren't even VM customers..a very valid question IMHO.

stevos
05-12-2008, 15:45
nah i think it could maybe take effect in a few days rather than instantly.

FlimsyFeet
05-12-2008, 15:49
No, I don't either. I could understand it if I still was saturating the upload bandwidth, but I had closed the ftp program by this time.

Also strange that the internet was still broken the next morning, until I rebooted the modem, router and wireless access point. Could getting throttled have affected soemthing my end, or was this just a coinicdence?

Jabbs
05-12-2008, 15:52
Where do you stand on getting out of contract on broadband now they adjusted the stm hours ?

moaningmags
05-12-2008, 18:50
Where do you stand on getting out of contract on broadband now they adjusted the stm hours ?

Nowhere, those stm hours have been in place since December 2007

Fatec
05-12-2008, 18:51
Got excited then thought they had removed the daytime stm

That will be happening once the new cisco code is in place (testing is done so rollout will be soon)

broadbandking
05-12-2008, 19:08
wooo hooo less traffic management

Kymmy
05-12-2008, 19:10
wooo hooo less traffic management

WOW...there goes that flying pig again!!!!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2011/03/38.gif

broadbandking
05-12-2008, 19:24
LOL I saw that pig today at the farmers market, tasted nice

Noggo
05-12-2008, 19:54
:On-topic... I can't see any differences on the traffic management page except for the way the table looks. The colours have changed but the data contained within it certainly hasn't. I also haven't noticed any change in my speeds either, and I was doing a fair amount of uploading last night and the night before doing some video work.

Yes the colours have changed, which IMO makes it less readable and also Daytime download limits have halved to 500MB, 1200MB and 3000MB. Taken from here: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

Yet if you look at this one http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php nowt has changed, which one is correct?

broadbandking
05-12-2008, 20:09
Now I am confused

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Glad I dont have STM well until Feb

Harry56
05-12-2008, 20:28

For your information I'm still a VM customer until my 30 days notice runs out...OK.

If you consider the truth to be unhelpful then may I suggest you take a reality check. The sun does NOT shine out of VM's a**e. You may be happy to be ripped off, I'm not.

xocemp
05-12-2008, 21:50
May I ask which provider and possible support forum will have the pleasure of your money/company Harry56?

Russ
05-12-2008, 22:28
You may be happy to be ripped off, I'm not.

Has it occured to you that some people might not feel ripped off?

Zhadnost
06-12-2008, 14:06

Now only shows evening management caps (albeit twice). Have the daytime caps been removed?
Download Failed (1)

Jonathan90
06-12-2008, 14:09
Which one is correct?

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php

Noggo
06-12-2008, 14:19

Now only shows evening management caps (albeit twice). Have the daytime caps been removed?
Download Failed (1)

Daytime is at the bottom of the table???? and yes the download limit as halved. :LOL: I think I've just spotted what you're on about, the times wrong on the daytime limit. It should be 10am - 3pm :LOL: again!!

and the subject is already in discussion here BTW: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33642332-merged-vm-traffic-shaping.html

Zhadnost
06-12-2008, 14:31
Also further up in the text it makes reference to the 50Mbit service now (which I don't remember it doing before, but then again it may have).

Kymmy
06-12-2008, 14:36
Threads merged as per NOGGO's link..

huyi
06-12-2008, 17:24

http://www.phones.sanguinarius.co.uk/odd_caps.png

i swear i have download before 4pm and i was still throttled? i really don't get this guide, and i have noticed the amount of data you can download has gone down to 1.2gb now, disgusting.

moaningmags
06-12-2008, 17:28
The page is wrong, VM have been made aware that's its wrong.

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php

has the correct information and does have daytime limits between 10am and 3pm.

Jabbs
06-12-2008, 22:51
So is that correct on the site now ? thought they were changing it too 5-11

Gary L
06-12-2008, 23:12
Have i been STM'd & if so why & when.

You have indeed been traffic managed for Downloading. This occurred at 16:07 and will continue till 21:07

Am not seeing the last post i made. If i have been STM'd could you please
explain why?

See pic in test: Netmeter

I replied to your last post stating that you had been traffic managed at 16:07 for downloading. This is due to drop off at 21:07.

Err... i cannot see the last post. I have had to change the text server.
Could you please explain how i have downloaded 500mb in 7 minutes when i am only on 2mb. This is happening too much, i am now very very angry! Its
pretty obvious that i have been STM'd incorrectly & you have not even
attempted to explain why ot how

I do apologise for this. We are experiencing a Bug in the IOS which causes incorrect triggering of STM of a small percentage of customers.

I have raised this issue regarding the STM and will have it investigated for
you.

Because he complained and showed proof that he shouldn't be STMd. it was decided that it was the ongoing BUG, or was it that they knew it was the BUG and just didn't tell him until he asked again?

Toto
06-12-2008, 23:36

You have indeed been traffic managed for Downloading. This occurred at 16:07 and will continue till 21:07

explain why?

I replied to your last post stating that you had been traffic managed at 16:07 for downloading. This is due to drop off at 21:07.

Could you please explain how i have downloaded 500mb in 7 minutes when i am only on 2mb. This is happening too much, i am now very very angry! Its

I do apologise for this. We are experiencing a Bug in the IOS which causes incorrect triggering of STM of a small percentage of customers.

you.

Because he complained and showed proof that he shouldn't be STMd. it was decided that it was the ongoing BUG, or was it that they knew it was the BUG and just didn't tell him until he asked again?

Where's this come from?

Gary L
06-12-2008, 23:49
Where's this come from?

virginmedia.support.broadband.cable

Fatec
06-12-2008, 23:58

explain why?

you.

The 'Bug' has been known about since the rollout of STM (well, before actually, it was known about in the STM tests/trials)

They were waiting for updated code from cisco (which they've now had for MONTHS)

This new code will be rolled out sometime in january.

smallclone
08-12-2008, 12:24
So is this table correct now?

telfordcable
08-12-2008, 12:59
no, it not correct yet !!! still wrong time on the daytime eg: 16:00 to 21:00 ? And also why it still 4Mb on it ?

smallclone
08-12-2008, 13:03
no, it not correct yet !!! still wrong time on the daytime eg: 16:00 to 21:00 ? And also why it still 4Mb on it ?

Could someone please give me a definitive traffic shaping details on 2mb and 10mb please?

I've recently upgraded to 10mb with the december offer............and my internet was at a standstill last night. I was not impressed. I don't think I had downloaded anything yesterday either.

telfordcable
08-12-2008, 13:12
i think this one is correct here: http://www.virginmedia.com/help/traffic-management.php

broadbandking
08-12-2008, 15:09
That one does look correct now

cook1984
08-12-2008, 19:14
The 'Bug' has been known about since the rollout of STM (well, before actually, it was known about in the STM tests/trials)

At least they have finally admitted it. I have been emailing them every time I get incorrectly STM'ed, asking for compensation. I keep a log and will be deducting that amount from my direct debit at the end of the month.

broadbandking
08-12-2008, 19:27
That would only cause you more trouble, your best off right to the head office

cook1984
09-12-2008, 19:00
I did already write to them and have emailed and called a few times. They just deny or ignore it, but now I have the posts on the newsgroup from their techs I included copies of them in a letter.

Since I am at work all day and asleep at night I mainly use the net during the evenings, so for ever day my connection was made unusable by throttling I have deducted one day's payment from my direct debit.

Hopefully they will call me sooner or later. I have given up calling their useless people.

Turkey Machine
09-12-2008, 20:11
I did already write to them and have emailed and called a few times. They just deny or ignore it, but now I have the posts on the newsgroup from their techs I included copies of them in a letter.

Since I am at work all day and asleep at night I mainly use the net during the evenings, so for ever day my connection was made unusable by throttling I have deducted one day's payment from my direct debit.

Hopefully they will call me sooner or later. I have given up calling their useless people.

Good strategy, but I'm not sure it'd wash when the bailiffs come round. ;) You're actually breaking the terms of your contract doing that, and Virgin are within (legal technicality alert) the terms of theirs, because you paid for an "up to" service. It sucks, but such is the world we live in, they'll continue to do it, regulators won't step in and we'll continue to be sucked into it.

broadbandking
10-12-2008, 19:20

You might want to buy a new TV as the one you have now will be @ a auction soon.

cook1984
14-12-2008, 18:57
Good strategy, but I'm not sure it'd wash when the bailiffs come round. ;)

Ha! It always amazes me that people still think that sort of thing is possible just because you owe a few quid on a utility bill :D

Anyway, VM did contact me by phone on Friday. It was in response to one of my letters - it just took them ages to respond. I had already dropped down to 10 meg and they have given me it at half price for three months to cover the problems after I emailed them copies of the posts on the newsgroup admitting the problem.