PDA

View Full Version : Printing multiple labels with RM online postage

moiraf100
28-11-2008, 11:02
Another question that probably has a simple answer!

I use RM online postage to send out my ebay stuff.
I print onto A4 paper into one of the corners, but don't know how to get more than one label on a sheet.:confused:
So I'm using a whole sheet for each label, wasting the remainder.

Does anyone know how to get around this? Apart from turning the paper manually?

Kymmy
28-11-2008, 11:11
May I ask what size the ebay items are (dimensions/weight) just that for anything over a couple of kilos we found eBays PARCEL2GO service (run by DHL) a lot cheaper and as they pick up next day a lot more convenient...

As for label printing you really do need a bit of extra software that remembers which label on the sheet it printed last and moves onto the next..)sorry I have seen software but can't remember the name) If you're doing a lot then perhaps a dedicated thermal label printer that just feeds of a roll..

moiraf100
28-11-2008, 12:07
I'm just a hobby ebayer Kymmy. :-)
Mostly small stuff. Largest item would be a paperback.
I might try saving each preview print to a different quarter and then combine to 4 on a page .pdf
Have to wait until I get 4 sales on the same day lol!

Nidge
30-11-2008, 07:15
I'm just a hobby ebayer Kymmy. :-)
Mostly small stuff. Largest item would be a paperback.
I might try saving each preview print to a different quarter and then combine to 4 on a page .pdf
Have to wait until I get 4 sales on the same day lol!

buy a DYMO label printer they print out the Smart Stamps from the Royal Mail.

moiraf100
01-02-2009, 16:24
I have found out how to do it.
Save the pdf files, and then open Adobe. Go to the pages tab along the left side and then add (for me) four documents. When printing change to four pages to a sheet and voila! ;)
I don't sell enough to have to pay a fiver a month for Smart Stamp.

LSainsbury
02-02-2009, 17:43
May I ask what size the ebay items are (dimensions/weight) just that for anything over a couple of kilos we found eBays PARCEL2GO service (run by DHL) a lot cheaper and as they pick up next day a lot more convenient...

eBay don't own Parcel2Go to they?? They are just a consumer version of DHL - as you said??

I've used them a few times - they failed to collect on time a couple of times - I've complained and got a posting fee back....I don't think I'll use them again as they are just a pain to deal with.

And if eBay own them, I WON'T be using them again!