PDA

View Full Version : modem ready light flashing

thighguy_uk
23-11-2008, 19:15
Hi,

last sunday, and again today, i have lost connection on my modem, the modem ready light flashing, obviously trying to get a connection. After a few power cycles it seems to sort itself out. Modem is thhe 250/255.

Just wondered is it a modem problem? or is it VM doing work somewhere. I cant see any service faults for the area online, or when i ring the tech line. Is it possibly an overrheating problem, as, i must admit it was quite warm. Strangely enough, it was the same time last sunday that it went down, but was ok all week until tonight, its ok again now though.

Oh and i am in the B77 post code area

Any suggestions?

thanks.:confused:

irishtrisha
24-11-2008, 02:41
ive been having this problem constantly for nearly 2 weeks. i rang up they put me through the power cycle, which i have been doing the last fornight, they see no problem on their end.

thats all i got.

XFS03
24-11-2008, 18:00
Hi,

last sunday, and again today, i have lost connection on my modem, the modem ready light flashing, obviously trying to get a connection. After a few power cycles it seems to sort itself out. Modem is thhe 250/255.

Just wondered is it a modem problem? or is it VM doing work somewhere. I cant see any service faults for the area online, or when i ring the tech line. Is it possibly an overrheating problem, as, i must admit it was quite warm. Strangely enough, it was the same time last sunday that it went down, but was ok all week until tonight, its ok again now though.

Oh and i am in the B77 post code area

Any suggestions?

thanks.:confused:
Have you looked at your upstream & downstream power levels. If you go to http://192.168.100.1/ you can check to see if they are out of limits. (user name & password = root).

thighguy_uk
24-11-2008, 18:26
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 2
Downstream Frequency : 403000000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 5056.941 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4
Downstream Receive Power Level : 7.7 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 36.1 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 1
Upstream Frequency : 33584000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 33.3 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 4

Axegrinder
24-11-2008, 20:08
Levels look fine, upstream frequency looks a little strange though.