PDA

View Full Version : What is my contract now?

smallethic
22-11-2008, 20:24
I have been with Virgin (previously NTLworld) cable broadband for nearly 6 years, and for the last couple I have also had the Virgin mobile £10 for 300/300 service. Until this month I was paying £26 a month (£17 + £10 - £1 for DD) for the two, having signed up for 'Two for Twenty' deal when the speed was 2MB. Without warning the broadband charge has been hoicked up to the standard £24, apparently ignoring my mobile contract.

On complaining to Customer Service they simply said that they did not have any information about the mobile ("that's a different company"), that my 'deal' (presumably the date of automatic upgrading to 10MB - I had previously been on 4MB) had run out and I now had to pay the standard charge. After wrangling they agreed to give me another six month deal, but only for £17. So in effect that's an unannounced price increase and the apparent arbitrary scrapping of the two services contract they had entered into. Nobody has ever said anything to me before about 'six month deals'.

Anyone had a similar experience?

dgardner
22-11-2008, 22:30
Hi,
Have you had the mobile deal for a couple of years?
If so you would have been notified in the contract of when it
would end - usually after 12 months.
If the above is correct then it isn't a price increase but a reduction and it is a special deal not covered under normal deals

BenMcr
22-11-2008, 22:40
There was no 2 for £20 deal for Broadband and Mobile

What you will have been given is the £10 BB M for 12 months offer and the 30 days contract £10 SIM offer. The only link between them is that to get the SIM offer you have to have a cable account.

You upgraded to from BB M to BB L which is an extra £7, which is the £17. The 12 months then expired on the broadband which is why it went to £25 (£24 is on e-bill)