PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Connetion Drops/ Disconnects

Shadowskill
22-11-2008, 01:29
My virgin cable connection has been timing out constantly for like the past 2 weeks seems to just drop my connection or lags for a min.

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 1
Downstream Frequency : 586750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 0.8 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 36.5 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 3
Upstream Frequency : 42800000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 55.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Its a little black modem box not sure what make hope this is enough info to help with my problem.

Stabhappy
22-11-2008, 01:36
If I'm not mistaken you'll need a tech as the upstream transmit power level is on the edge and your downstream frequency is shifting.

Rapid_UK
22-11-2008, 01:52
Same problem I have ...
If possible, if you have a router, try taking it out the loop, plugging the modem directly to computer.
See if it fixes the problem.

brundles
23-11-2008, 12:13
Does anyone know if VM have been doing some work recently that could cause this? Perhaps it's just me but there seems to be a spike of threads around power levels. Must admit the only reason I noticed that though was because I went looking as we've started seeing intermittent drop outs on the connection again (happened about this time last year, same symptoms - took the tech 3 repeat visits before someone further up the chain listened to him that having the same 5 customers book calls on the same days is more than just coincidence) and the upstream power level is around the 58 mark :(.

Time to book a tech - just what I need 1 weeks in to my new job - having to wait around for a VM engineer to look an an intermittent problem :(

enigma27
23-11-2008, 15:47
your not the only one having these issue.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33641816-internet-dropping-last-two-days-my.html

been like it since Wednesday last week and I cant hold a stable connection for more than about 2 mins.

madtbh
23-11-2008, 15:49
A good way to find out about maintenance and issues is the Virgin Media status page -
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/