PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Password Changed - Cannot Access Anymore

DJ_Price
21-11-2008, 00:14
I thought I would change my email account password this evening as I'd been using the same email for many years on the account & thought I would change it to a randomly generated password. I did it & everything went fine & it said password had successfully been changed, so I logged out of the account on the website & tried logging back in with the password I used & it wouldn't let me on. I tried my password I had before changing, but of course that didn't work. I then recoverd the password & then changed it to something less random incase the generated password was the problem, but again still couldn't get back on the account. I was also unable to check emails both times. Would be greatful if someone could help me out with this please.

whydoIneedatech
21-11-2008, 06:25
Who is your email provider as they are the people who can help resolve this issue.

DJ_Price
21-11-2008, 06:52
It's an ntlworld.com email address.

whydoIneedatech
21-11-2008, 07:33
It's an ntlworld.com email address.
I would advise you to call Tech Support after 0800 and one of my colleagues will try to resolve this issue with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.
For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:
Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 3 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.
Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJ_Price
21-11-2008, 08:14
Is phoning tech support the only was to resolve this now then?

whydoIneedatech
21-11-2008, 08:44
Is phoning tech support the only was to resolve this now then?
Yes and the quickest;)

esdxc37
21-11-2008, 09:57
Yes and the quickest;)

not strictly true if you phone cust services and get someone that knows how to use red tools they will do it for you. ;)

whydoIneedatech
21-11-2008, 11:59
not strictly true if you phone cust services and get someone that knows how to use red tools they will do it for you. ;)
That will not work as it is not done by redtools:D but another tool that they do not have access to;)

esdxc37
21-11-2008, 12:18
That will not work as it is not done by redtools:D but another tool that they do not have access to;)

Sorry my bad dont know why I typed red tools :rolleyes: meant CDFE which we do have access to ;)

whydoIneedatech
21-11-2008, 12:21
Sorry my bad dont know why I typed red tools :rolleyes: meant CDFE which we do have access to ;)
Usually most Customer Service Reps tranfer through to Tech Support as it is our job to deal with such items.

DJ_Price
21-11-2008, 17:16
All sorted now :) The guy I spoke to at tech support wasn't very sure as to why it wouldn't work after I had changed it, but he did say when changing it for me that it must be 10 characters or less. I'm guessing that was probably the problem. Now to phone again to try & get a deal on our broadband, hopefully will get a discount again.