PDA

View Full Version : Uh.. Weirdness, is it worth phoning in and reporting...

Milambar
19-11-2008, 14:17
I went out to buy my groceries this morning, as I looked back from the car to check my front door was closed, I also noted the little brown "NTL" box on the wall next to the door. All was normal.

When I got back, I noted the NTL box had been opened, and the little ZIP tie that holds it closed had been neatly cut. The cover to the box was on the floor under it, and the wires were hanging out.

I stuffed them back in, carefully, and replaced the cover.

Im a bit curious over who opened the box while I was out. I didn't have any engineers scheduled... My connection is working properly.. Although my IRC logs show a brief 2 minute interruption, coinciding with the period I was out.

Is it worth phoning in and reporting this? Or should I just look in the box and see if theres anything "suspicious", not that I'd know what was suspicious or not unless it had a printed label marked "SUSPICIOUS", or should I just put a new ZIP tie on the box?

AndyCambs
19-11-2008, 14:18
I'd be tempted to call Customer Service - just in case someone is using your line.

AppleSauce
19-11-2008, 14:19
Extremely suspicious, I'd certainly ring them.

Stuart
19-11-2008, 16:11
Just to echo the above, it's worth getting VM to send an engineer out. You don't (in all honesty) know what the guys did, and it is unlikely that they just opened the box and cut the zip tie for the hell of it

Depending on what they've done, you could end up paying a lot of money (particulalry if you use a VM phone and they hook up another and make premium rate phone calls).