PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Broadband without a phone line fault socket?

jmfor3
17-11-2008, 18:26
Well I ordered virgin media broadband for people who dont have a phone line but lives in a cable area.It came with a box with a modem, ethernet cable, power plug and the coaxial cable. All the wires are set up except the coaxial cable it doesn't fit our socket? i already called virgin but still no answer, may be you could help me? do i need to buy a f connectot or what? it seems that its ben 2 weeks since I called they said they would call back but still they didn't what kind of a lie is that? all help will be much appreciated.

BenMcr
17-11-2008, 18:31
Everything you need is included in the self-install box

If you don't have a point in the property as described in the install guide and that you can attach the wire to, you will need an engineer to go and install one.

Phone 0800 953 9500 option 4 and they should be able to arrange one

Ernie_C
18-11-2008, 09:54
....except the coaxial cable it doesn't fit our socket? ..
Are you trying to plug it into a telephone socket?

The modem cable screws into a connector.

Are you sure that you are following the instructions properly?

Perhaps you should have chosen to have a Virgin Media engineer do the install - it would only have been £30.

chickendippers
18-11-2008, 10:10
Please post a photo of what you are trying to screw the coaxial cable into.

xspeedyx
18-11-2008, 10:31
If you call quickstart and get a engineer out they will charge you £30 for the install

AndyCambs
18-11-2008, 14:35
If you call quickstart and get a engineer out they will charge you £30 for the install

Sometimes its just better to have the person come out and do the work for you.

Noggo
18-11-2008, 15:13
Sometimes its just better to have the person come out and do the work for you.

Not if you have deep pockets and short arms it aint :D

only jokin'. Best post a photo like Chickendippers said of the VM box / connector inside the house, so the peeps here can have to look see.