PDA

View Full Version : 20 Meg service is poor

The PIT
14-11-2008, 19:33
Months and months of slow connections. The UBR is overloaded and in the past a call to customer services has got me a refund.

Well today was an interesting day.

Checked the download speed and it was crap as normal. Rang customer services and they didn't want to know. Explained that tech support via the news groups had told me the UBR was overloaded she didn't know what that was.

She then denied that there weren't any previous notes on file which either they have deleted or she's telling porkies.

Any got to the boss who still refused to refund for the 12kbs connection telling me to phone tech support. I explained I've spoken to them via there news groups. She said that isn't talking to tech support.

So tech support get your details via the newsgroup and do the checks give you proposed dates for a fix that may slip and that isn't talking to them. I think it is.

It's wasting tech supports time and my time just go through the same song and dance.

Very nearly cancelled there and then but only the promised date of early December stopped me.

Stabhappy
17-11-2008, 18:33
That's simply unnaceptable. Virgin media, I think, have some of the worst support systems in the world.

Generally, so long as finance doesn't come into it the Newsgroups are all you need, thankfully.