PDA

View Full Version : chuffed and happy

nutellajunkie
14-11-2008, 12:01
blah blah blah.. you know what really bothers me with these forums.. So many people are so bothered about getting faster and faster, when they dont realise that what they have is special enough.

im on 10mb, and im more than chuffed with it, and im not going to upgrade.. well until we get real fibre to home ;)

Ive been a cable customer for 13 years now, and in all that time, ive had a few hic-cups.

I have a fantastic service and I really enjoy using the services.

Sure I have loyalty discounts galore, but I reckon after the thousands of quid I have spent over the years, i deserve it, like many of you.

Never does the phone service go down. But I dont use the line, as i dont agree with their costs.
The telly could be improved, but it sure better than sky/tiscali.
My internet its near perfect. I always seem to get a wonderful speed, and since I never go over the "limit", it never slows down when I use it.

My tuppence worth, as im tired of hearing people complain and bitch about something that is truly remarkable

zing_deleted
14-11-2008, 12:03
This is a support forum you will hear more problems than praise its the nature of support :)

esdxc37
14-11-2008, 12:36
blah blah blah.. you know what really bothers me with these forums.. So many people are so bothered about getting faster and faster, when they dont realise that what they have is special enough.

im on 10mb, and im more than chuffed with it, and im not going to upgrade.. well until we get real fibre to home ;)

Ive been a cable customer for 13 years now, and in all that time, ive had a few hic-cups.

Sure I have loyalty discounts galore, but I reckon after the thousands of quid I have spent over the years, i deserve it, like many of you.

Never does the phone service go down. But I dont use the line, as i dont agree with their costs.
My internet its near perfect. I always seem to get a wonderful speed, and since I never go over the "limit", it never slows down when I use it.

My tuppence worth, as im tired of hearing people complain and bitch about something that is truly remarkable

How dare you post positive thoughts and happiness :p::p::p:

whydoIneedatech
14-11-2008, 12:37
I have been a customer for around 14 years and have never had any major issues with cable through all its various guises.

telfordcable
14-11-2008, 12:39
Yes I agreed with 1 thing, we already had fibre optic cable underground all the way to the house but we need a new fibre optic cable replacement from outside to inside the house for 100% fibre cable.

My speed had been rock & solid at 19Mb (very rare to go under 15Mb so fars) maybe my area is un-congestion !
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1226666554&v=5535705

General Maximus
14-11-2008, 12:47
I would like to point out that whilst some people are content on 2mbit for simple browsing and stuff different people have different demands and things are constantly changing. Just because people used to sail around the world on wooden ships doesnt mean that they still want to do it now instead of flying and save themselves time.

As an example, I love my 20mbit connection and I can download stuff really quickly. When I heard 50mbit was coming I was over the moon because I thought it was going to chop my download and upload times in half (based on the size of files i currently download). However, I bought a new widecreen monitor this week and now run 1680*1050 and my current stuff looks absolutely cack so now I have got to start downloading hd content which means massive file sizes and greater download times (based on my current speed). Things tend to move in tandom with one another and I now need my speed increasing to compensate for the increase in my file sizes, so although I will be getting more speed, things are still going to take just as long, only they will look better. Everything increases in proportion to something else :)

All that being said, I am chuffed and happy as well :)

alferret
14-11-2008, 16:31
I would like to say I'm happy too. I want to jump on this bandwagon of happiness :D

joglynne
14-11-2008, 16:41
...........https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/09/68.gif

Hugh
14-11-2008, 17:37
My 10Mb BB is constant and unlaggy (if there is such a word), my V+ and VOD work fine, and I don't have any problems with my phone line or bills.

I suppose that makes me a happy customer........

techyguy4
14-11-2008, 21:43
Really nice to see praises for Virgin Media. :)

multiskilled
14-11-2008, 23:15
Happy, happy, happy. :) :) :)

Impz2002
15-11-2008, 00:35
I love my VM services. never had any problems at all.

Maggy
15-11-2008, 01:34
I've no problems with the service..just wish the channels provided had a better imagination about content.;)

allanprg
15-11-2008, 03:09
Well i've had hardly a problem with my tv, broadband and phone. In fact phone and tv no trouble.Broadband only very slight trouble.Been with Virgin Media since Nynex days. About 14 years. So a happy customer.;)

CIS
15-11-2008, 13:01

You’re so tired of people complaining about service they are not getting, which they're paying for, that you thought you would complain about them!

Ok.

Like David F said, this is a support forum, people don’t really need support if their paid for product is running fine. Its like complaining about the amount of alcoholics at an AA meeting, and then going along one week, standing up and telling people it really bothers you that so many of the people that come to these meetings have problems.

Don’t read the ‘called for help’ threads if it bothers you so much. Some people are not as lucky as you, I have been paying for a 20mb line that’s been giving me less than 512 most of the time and on some occasions can’t even open a website. But because I have been posting to this community, I have gotten the problem sorted (I hope!) and that's great support.

I think it’s a fantastic service when it works, and I also think this forum is an invaluable community for people who need that support. By all means start a thread about how happy you are, but it’s just strange to start it stating how bothered you are about people who “complain and bitch” about a service that they are not receiving, to the standard you are.

XFS03
15-11-2008, 15:52
blah blah blah.. you know what really bothers me with these forums.. So many people are so bothered about getting faster and faster, when they dont realise that what they have is special enough... im tired of hearing people complain and bitch about something that is truly remarkable
So, because you have been a customer for 13 years & had "few" problems, you think that those of us that do have problems shouldn't complain! :confused:

I'm sure there are many members on here who would love to have the level of service you have.

btw...I am curious. How can you say the phone service has never gone down, when you dont use it?

piggy
15-11-2008, 16:10
So, because you have been a customer for 13 years & had "few" problems, you think that those of us that do have problems shouldn't complain! :confused:

I'm sure there are many members on here who would love to have the level of service you have.

btw...I am curious. How can you say the phone service has never gone down, when you dont use it?

also how do you know if the fridge light goes out! :erm:

Ignitionnet
15-11-2008, 18:14

And you are who to tell me how special and remarkable my cable services are?

You're happy, great, some people aren't and this is a support forum. I will express as much or as little discontent with my services as I choose and continue to assess their performance based on my own criteria regardless of how tired you might be by this or how special and truly remarkable you think the services are.

You may want to check cable elsewhere, where 30Mbit+ is already being delivered over legacy networks with 5Mbit upload, 120Mbit over DOCSIS 3 with 10Mbit upload, where there are dozens of linear HD channels alongside strong VoD and SD line ups, then tell us how special and truly remarkable this is.

Special and truly remarkable are relative, and neither of those terms apply to Virgin Media's service packages at the moment, it's good enough to be competitive without costing a fortune, as required by its' cost sensitive market, but certainly not truly remarkable by any stretch unless expectations are set low to begin with.

My phone service is fine.
My TV service I don't use, went back to Sky+ as I found VM not a patch on the performance of Sky, slow and sluggish software and channel changes, some dubious picture quality on some channels.
Broadband is oversubscribed at peak times, goes from 20Mbit down to 5 - 8Mbit.

I'm happy you're happy, but kindly don't preach to those who might not be so happy. If you're so tired of reading about people's issues the simple solution is to not read them rather than pontificating because your service is truly remarkably special in your opinion, so special you don't even use the telephone service and gladly accept discounts. For something so truly remarkably special one would think you'd be glad to pay more!

I'd also be interested in how you can rate Sky or Tiscali TV considering you've been a cable customer for 13 years. I've had them all, Sky, ntl Bromley, ntl Langley, Virgin Media and Homechoice, I doubt that you can say the same. Too quick to judge I suspect. You really should try some of the alternatives before dismissing them, you might find them even more remarkably truly special :)

papa smurf
15-11-2008, 18:24
i think vm network techs are brilliant:D

Ignitionnet
15-11-2008, 18:41
i think vm network techs are brilliant:D

Totally agree ;)

Dai
15-11-2008, 23:07
Point taken but there are a good few Virgin staffers on here that give of their time and knowledge generously.

It's only fair to let them know that a lot of us, including me, are very happy with the products and services.

My 20 is close to that most of the time. I'm a happy bunny.

Kaychsea
17-11-2008, 09:56
I'm on the sunny side of the street as well. Given the vitriol poured on VM (previously ntl) for the slightest things, it does no harm to realise that for some people it does work.

I do realise that for some poeple there have been problems, some of them quite severe. But that's not really the norm as far as I can see.

xspeedyx
17-11-2008, 10:49
I was happy about year ago with my broadband - the tv service has been fine never really had a issue, the phone service is fine - My broadband is shocking 19Mb in the morning till around 6pm then it can be anything between 2Mb-10Mb, hopefully the UBR upgrade will happen this time roll on 25th Novemeber

Magilla
17-11-2008, 10:56

When what they have doesn't equal what they've paid for then "specialness" doesn't really come into play.

Hugh
17-11-2008, 11:52
When what they have doesn't equal what they've paid for then "specialness" doesn't really come into play.

Oh, the irony, considering most downloads........:D