PDA

View Full Version : New Modem Not Holding Upload Speed

dbitalia
14-11-2008, 10:17
Hi Guys

I recently got a replacement modem as I was having issues with my 120, im currently on the 10 meg package, anyhow I got a new modem sent and got it all setup. Only thing I notice is that when I do a speed test my upload speed is now not holding. With the old modem I would always get around 450 kbps upload. Now with the new modem im getting around 450 half way thru the test and then suddenly when the test is almost finished my upload drops to around 200 kbps meaning my final result is around 200. Again this was not happening before with the old modem. The even stranger issue is that im using speedtest.net for my speed test but when I choose a different speed test site the upload stays at 450. Do you guys think im being too picky, I just cant understand why and am wondering if its a fault with the new modem not being able to hold a constant upload

Any info is appreciated!!

nemesis01
14-11-2008, 11:38
don't worry what speed tests say, many things can influence them outside of your control.

General Maximus
14-11-2008, 11:51
the fact that it is only on speedtest.net means that it is a problem with the link between you and that particular server in Maidenhead or London so i wouldnt worry about it. If it behaves itself connecting to other servers you can be comforted knowing that it is going to be alright 99% of the time.