PDA

View Full Version : Sky Plus Remote & Magic Eye

Sue Hobson
13-11-2008, 12:12
We have recently run a cable from our main TV Sky + to another room which works fine. I also have a new sky remote and a magic eye for the 2nd tv set.
The red light is on the magic eye, which according to the instructions mean that it is ready for use. However, the sky remote will not operate the TV. I suspect that somehow we have to make the remote compatible with the TV
Can anyone help me? Please if you do reply can you make it step by step as I am not really very good with technology.

Thank you in advance.

Paul K
13-11-2008, 12:49
Have you followed the instructions in the SKy manual to set the remote control up to actually work with the television? If not it will not work. Read the manual if in doubt, it's all in there.
http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/producthelp?nodeId=73a6e9e0-0ade-4eed-810b-cec670799bcc&articleId=11320303

sinsanati
02-02-2011, 10:37
Hello all.

I was wondering if you could forward this email or to someone who may help.

I brought several magic eye sensors for my Sky HD system. The whole sky set up has been working fine since ive had the system, back in March 2010.

My system consists of a Sky HD box upstairs spare room.
There is a cable that comes from the sky dish to the box. Then a cable leaves the skybox into the loft. In the loft there is a splitter.

This sends the signal to kitchen, living room and bedroom via wall cables. In each of these rooms are magic eye sensors. I have two skyhd remotes. One is upstairs for bedroom, and one is for the downstairs bedroom.

The other day the remote do not seem to work to change sky in the kitchen, living room and bedroom.

Things that work:
A. The remote red light responds when you press the buttons.
B. The remote works when you are in the same room as Sky HD Box
C. I still get sky on my TVs in all rooms
D. The magic eyes still have a red light on them all
E. The batteries seem fine in the remote.
F. The power light for the splitter in attic is on
G. The f-cable connections are properly screwed on and tightly.

Things I have tried/check:
1. Changing batteries in remote
2. Remotes to work in different rooms
3. Restart skybox on standby and at the walls mains (leave off for 10mins)
4. Going onto sky setup, and turning off the rf power and then back on after a restart of sky box
5. Checking the magic eyes to make sure they have a red power light.

Basically I am stuck what else it could be.
I can only presume I need new magic eyes, as everything seems to work ok.

Can you help?
May thanks,
Adam