PDA

View Full Version : Prague

aidan1987
12-11-2008, 18:35
Going here on 10th december for one week. We have picked an apartment through prague city apartments. The apartment is called residence cerna.

I am going to pay for this holiday in advance as they have offered me a 5% discount. Do you think I am safe doing this.

Taf
12-11-2008, 19:32
Probably safer than walking the backstreets at night....

Charlie_Bubble
12-11-2008, 19:53
Going here on 10th december for one week. We have picked an apartment through prague city apartments. The apartment is called residence cerna.

I am going to pay for this holiday in advance as they have offered me a 5% discount. Do you think I am safe doing this.

How are you paying? I would suggest doing it by credit card to give yourself some cover if things go wrong. Even if you have the cash, use the card and pay the balance off before you incur charges on it.

Watching You
12-11-2008, 20:36
Yup, second the earlier comment providing you’re paying by credit card no worries.

Just watch when travelling on the metro – the pick pocketing is rife, first time I was there with a group of people the there was a guy next to me, holding a newspaper with one hand and the other in an American lady’s rucksack.:nono: Naturally, I alerted her but this woman, by the time she got around to checking the bag this thief had long since jumped off the train.

Also be careful at the airport, Ruzyne Intl left luggage, had my laptop stolen there in 2006, but due to it being a 17” managed to get it back as this thief, who worked at the airport, had problems getting it out of the airport. Fortunately got it back four months later,(after the Police had finished their equiries and closed the case) in return for a lighter sentence his family agreed to pay my costs – a return flight and night at a hotel to collect my laptop.

aidan1987
12-11-2008, 21:08
Is it a safe enough place to stay out late at night. Also what is the deal with apartments being cheap. Residence Cerna is so big. You have seperate rooms and it seems very fancy.

Is there any catch.

Dai
12-11-2008, 22:25
Is it a safe enough place to stay out late at night. Also what is the deal with apartments being cheap. Residence Cerna is so big. You have seperate rooms and it seems very fancy.

Is there any catch.

Tripadvisor folks seem to like it..

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274707-d646168-Reviews-Residence_Cerna-Prague_Bohemia.html

Watching You
13-11-2008, 19:10
Is it a safe enough place to stay out late at night.

Prague is as safe as most cities, in Europe, the central part is OK to travel around on your own late at night. Don’t be concerned by the pickpockets to them, its their job; it is rear to be attacked by them. But as long as you are not out-of-it drunk you should be OK – just don’t start any fights with Russian gangsters.:sniper:

Tezcatlipoca
13-11-2008, 19:56
Prague is awesome! :D

I went there... about 4 years ago now.

Lots of lovely, lovely, beer. And it's cheap! Amazed me how so many Brit tourists there seemed to be wasting their money drinking overpriced crap lager in "English" pubs & "Irish" pubs, when they could have been drinking cheap & yummy Budvar, Pilsner Urquell, Staropramen, Gambrinus, etc.

Great food too - local, & "foreign" (Greek, Italian, French, even Afghan).

Things to see:

Prague Castle (the "Hrad"), The Charles Bridge, the "Staré Mesto" ("Old Town"), the "Vysehrad" fortress, Josefov (the old Jewish district - also has a Holocaust Memorial, very very moving).

Prague piccies:

http://www.smokingmirror.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=7

sherer
14-11-2008, 13:49
don't be put off my the scare stories about the place. I've been there loads of times and stayed out late and never had any problems at all. Very beautiful city with loads to see and do.

Try and avoid the English pubs and the restaurants on the old square are overpriced and not the best in town either.