PDA

View Full Version : Big slow down (WV12)

Swinder
12-11-2008, 00:35
Since Saturday 8th we have had very slow internet services on the XL package.
Browsing pages is slower but not overly slow for it to be an issue, however download speeds have hit an all time low maxing out at 290kb/s.
My father uses the connection for his work in which he is required to connect to a VPN however the connection is that slow currently he can not log in.

Signal Levels
Downstream
Frequency: 331000000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise Ratio: 37 dB
Power Level: 4 dBmV

Upstream
Channel ID: 3
Frequency: 34000000 Hz Ranged
Power Level: 50 dBmV

I have powered down the modem for 8hours and also tried it on multiple systems on my network. I have also tried a direct connection to the modem and received the same issues.
Any ideas what the problem could be?

Swinder
12-11-2008, 08:26
Here is a speed test at 08:22am. This of course is is on the XL package which obviously should be 20Mb...

Download Failed (1)

Apologies for the image quality. I saved it as a gif in paint which really did not go well so I attempted to fix it with ctrl+z rather than rerun the test... yes I am lazy.

whydoIneedatech
12-11-2008, 08:57
Here is a speed test at 08:22am. This of course is is on the XL package which obviously should be 20Mb...

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4052/testkt5.jpg

Apologies for the image quality. I saved it as a gif in paint which really did not go well so I attempted to fix it with ctrl+z rather than rerun the test... yes I am lazy.
It does give you a forum link to cut and paste, saves even more time:D

Swinder
12-11-2008, 09:03
Oh.. how silly does that make me look :p

jls
12-11-2008, 12:07
Hello neighbour.I am in WV11 and have been having the same problem for a few days now.I am so fed up with the message "internet explorer cannot display etc etc".There are ,of course, "no problems in your area" when quite obviously there are.I must admit that when it works it is great,it is just not knowing when it will fail that drives you mad.