PDA

View Full Version : £17!

CIS
11-11-2008, 21:54
£17 ****ing pounds on my 02 bill last month for calling Virgin Support!

and already £1.30 for this month.

Is my speed problem sorted? No.

I can't even call them right now and spend money, that I don't want to spend, on their support system, as everytime I do the call goes through to India.

And some of that money I'm spending right now, on the support I'm not getting, for the Cable that I'm paying for, is being spent on some **** telling me BEFORE I get through to the multiple choice "press 1 2 or 3 for broadband, TV or Mobile" that virgin can now receive my favorite sky channels, then the bitch names all the sky channel that are coming back to virgin. Why can she not do this, instead of the ****ing music, while i'm waiting in the queue for a support rep to answer!

£17!

whydoIneedatech
11-11-2008, 21:59
The easy way around that is to get a package with the line rental included in a deal and only use the phone for any fault calls as the phone line is already in your property in the white wall box, does not matter if you have BT or prefer a Mobile, it can be there for when you need it and hopefully in most cases never used.

CrowmanUK
11-11-2008, 22:47
I thought virgin support was a freephone number again now?

whydoIneedatech
11-11-2008, 22:51
I thought virgin support was a freephone number again now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 3 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line, at local rate or your providers rate
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

D.Casey
12-11-2008, 00:10
£17 ****ing pounds on my 02 bill last month for calling Virgin Support!

and already £1.30 for this month.

Is my speed problem sorted? No.

I can't even call them right now and spend money, that I don't want to spend, on their support system, as everytime I do the call goes through to India.

And some of that money I'm spending right now, on the support I'm not getting, for the Cable that I'm paying for, is being spent on some **** telling me BEFORE I get through to the multiple choice "press 1 2 or 3 for broadband, TV or Mobile" that virgin can now receive my favorite sky channels, then the bitch names all the sky channel that are coming back to virgin. Why can she not do this, instead of the ****ing music, while i'm waiting in the queue for a support rep to answer!

£17!

I fell your pain, I really do.. I go through the same pretty much every week.
When it wasn't freephone not so long ago, they refunded the cost of my call when they agreed their was a problem & it wasn't caused by me.
Perhaps you could suggest your costs gets knocked off your bill?

BenMcr
12-11-2008, 00:12
Unlikely. If you want free support, then get a Virgin fixed line.

Noggo
12-11-2008, 09:34
If the only way of ringing VM is through your mobile, then you're going to get charged around £ 0.20 / minute for monthly contract and £ 0.25 / minute PAYG.

What about going through VM's newsgroup Support.

whydoIneedatech
12-11-2008, 09:42
If the only way of ringing VM is through your mobile, then you're going to get charged around £ 0.20 / minute for monthly contract and £ 0.25 / minute PAYG.

What about going through VM's newsgroup Support.

If you take a phone with your package and get free line rental and only usee it for fault calls, then it is quicker than the Newsgroups plus its a free call.

Turkey Machine
12-11-2008, 13:31
The easy way around that is to get a package with the line rental included in a deal and only use the phone for any fault calls as the phone line is already in your property in the white wall box, does not matter if you have BT or prefer a Mobile, it can be there for when you need it and hopefully in most cases never used.

I did that. Guess what hasn't been installed yet! ;)

whydoIneedatech
12-11-2008, 13:35
I did that. Guess what hasn't been installed yet! ;)
Ring up and complain

Turkey Machine
12-11-2008, 14:11
Ring up and complain

I would, except I actually don't want the phone line installed, it's just an easy way of getting free TV. ;)

Saaf_laandon_mo
12-11-2008, 15:24
I would, except I actually don't want the phone line installed, it's just an easy way of getting free TV. ;)

Expect a visit from the fraud squad pretty soon ;)

Turkey Machine
12-11-2008, 15:51
It's not fraud, since I chose the option of a self-install (new phone number, existing installation, all I got was a massive box with the STB and modem etc). The phone wall sockets are in the flat, but not connected to anything (bought a cheap corded phone, plugged it in, no dialling tone). I haven't put a cheapy phone in it for a couple weeks, so probably oughta do that, but I'm paying them £11/month for a service I'm not receiving, in order to get something that comes free along with it. I'm not complaining, and neither should they, since they get my money anyway! ;)

And I have a TV license, so meh. ;)

BenMcr
12-11-2008, 15:55
Just as long as someone isn't managing to bill calls to your account ;)

Turkey Machine
12-11-2008, 16:09
Just as long as someone isn't managing to bill calls to your account ;)

Do explain how they can do that when I'm the only one with a phone in the flat!

BenMcr
12-11-2008, 17:29
With a self-install option the tech goes to the street cabinet and will hook up the wire that should run to your property to the bits that then tie that line to your account.

If your line isn't working however, the tech may have hooked up the wrong wire.

So someone else's phone socket in another property may be connected to your billing account

So if they notice they suddenly have a working phone socket and make a call, you get billed for it.

Which is why you should speak to Virgin and get it working correctly

Turkey Machine
12-11-2008, 17:43
Didn't know that. Will have a look tonight at my bill and see (e-bill I think).

Zhadnost
13-11-2008, 19:05
I saw the free basic TV if you have a phone line adverts, never bothered enquiring though. (Don't especially want another digibox, there are enough channels for me on freeview).