PDA

View Full Version : Connecting a wii

Virginuseruk
11-11-2008, 17:04
I'm on Virgin BB but don't have a wireless router (partly because I'd also need to buy a dongle and partly because of Virgin's reputation for wireless routers)

Anyway, I want to get my nintendo wii connected up to the net and I'm trying to find out the easiest/cheapest way of doing that. Using a wired connection from the wii would require a whole lot of wall drilling so that's out. Is there a way I can keep my wired PC BB connection and get a wireless connection for the wii? Does that even make sense? Is it even possible?
Any suggestions welcome. Cheers

Graham M
11-11-2008, 17:18
Who says you'd need to buy a dongle? Most Wireless routers have 4 or more Wired Ports that you would just connect your PC to instead of directly to the modem, as with Virgin's Reputation for Wireless Routers - don't buy one from Virgin then?

Oh and :welcome: :)

MovedGoalPosts
11-11-2008, 17:19
Easiest option is to buy a wireless router - you could go for the virgin media option, or get your own choice.

Wireless routers generally have wired ports too. Thus you can have a wired connection, as at present between your modem <>router <> PC, and wireless running simultaneously between modem <> router < wireless > Wii

Most routers have become quite simple to set up. Power off modem, connect modem to router, PC to router power on and wired network is running leaving the wireless to set up following the wizards.