PDA

View Full Version : Wireless alarm system

alferret
08-11-2008, 23:35
Our wireless alarm system has given up :( changed all the batteries inc the 6v 1.2ah in the bell box and nothing seems to be working, well the box doesn't.

Looking for a recommended decent replacement for less than £100, looking at the HSA6200 standard alarm from Yale ATM.

All we require is 2xPIR 2xWindow\door + keypad and external bell box all wireless. Dont need 24\7 monitoring or extra's but it would be nice to have expandability.

whydoIneedatech
09-11-2008, 09:41
How about a guard dog

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/11/48.jpg

Escapee
09-11-2008, 10:19
Our wireless alarm system has given up :( changed all the batteries inc the 6v 1.2ah in the bell box and nothing seems to be working, well the box doesn't.

Looking for a recommended decent replacement for less than £100, looking at the HSA6200 standard alarm from Yale ATM.

All we require is 2xPIR 2xWindow\door + keypad and external bell box all wireless. Dont need 24\7 monitoring or extra's but it would be nice to have expandability.

Coincidence.

I have just bought one of those to replace the old wired system I had. The kit has 2 PIR and 2 Door sensors, one siren and a dummy siren. I set it up yesterday on a table to learn all the sensors etc, I should hopefully be fitting it this afternoon. (I alsogot 2 extra PIRs and an extra door/window sensor)

It was very easy to set-up and has the added facility of up to 4 phone numbers that it will dial. need to remember to take my number off when I am out of the country.:D

PS. The kit was £168.98 from B&Q although the price on the shelf was £199

JediMaster
09-11-2008, 10:52

15% off EVERYTHING in Store. Advert on TV said there was a Sale.

15% off, Every little HELPS ;)

Pia
09-11-2008, 12:11
Every little HELPS ;)

Isn't that Tesco? :D

Escapee
09-11-2008, 13:42
15% off EVERYTHING in Store. Advert on TV said there was a Sale.

15% off, Every little HELPS ;)

I guess you are correct, I have just looked a the receipt. I think the extra PIR sensors I got were on the shelf marked £19.99 (Not 100% sure) but my receipt says £16.88, the window contact are priced £15.19 on the receipt.

They are odd amounts, so I guess it must be the discount.

I got to the checkout expecting to hand over a few pence short of £260 after adding it up in my hed, and it actually cost me £217.93

Hom3r
09-11-2008, 15:47
The gadget show did some security system that connected to a computer/phone.

will have a look and report back.

http://fwd.five.tv/gadgets/home-garden/home/alarms-protection/total-guard-security-system

alferret
09-11-2008, 18:23
Coincidence.

I have just bought one of those to replace the old wired system I had. The kit has 2 PIR and 2 Door sensors, one siren and a dummy siren. I set it up yesterday on a table to learn all the sensors etc, I should hopefully be fitting it this afternoon. (I alsogot 2 extra PIRs and an extra door/window sensor)

It was very easy to set-up and has the added facility of up to 4 phone numbers that it will dial. need to remember to take my number off when I am out of the country.:D

You'll have to let me know how it goes with that Escapee, we've got 20% discount vouchers for B&Q that run from 17th nov for 2 weeks so that's when we'll be making our purchase I reckon :)

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

How about a guard dog

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/11/48.jpg

Now there's a thought ;) dont go much for the pink chair tho.

Escapee
10-11-2008, 18:53
You'll have to let me know how it goes with that Escapee, we've got 20% discount vouchers for B&Q that run from 17th nov for 2 weeks so that's when we'll be making our purchase I reckon :)

I fitted it all except the outside alarm box and door sensors, unfortunately due to the spar on the outside wall I had no flat surface to mount it, so It's inside the house at present on the window sill. (There is a spring for the ant-tamper that needs to contact against a flat surface)

I fitted one PIRs in the Hall on entry delay circuit, Living room, Kitchen and Workshop, I will probably get another PIR for upstairs. I wired up the phone line and set my mobile as the number to dial, I was away last night and out at work today and there were no false alarms. (one of the reasons I have left fitting the outside alarm box until next weekend)

I am very happy with it and it was easy to fit. The onlt problem I had was one PIR didn't work because one battery was fitted the wrong way.:confused: