PDA

View Full Version : Current deals for older customers...tips/advice please

Minimal_Fuss
07-11-2008, 20:12
Hi, moving from a professional house share of 7-people to a professional share of 4 this weekend.

The net is currently 20mb Cable for £26/month, however this may be a little excessive given the lesser number of people at the new house. I'm considering givin Virgin a bell and while moving the service to my new place renogotiating it to a lesser size/cost. Any advice on current deals? I've been a Virgin customer for 3 years.

I only want BB (no phoneline needed). Tips, advice, current deals? or should i just keep the 20mb deal im currently on? it's a little more than we want to pay, but is there a better bang for buck option at all?

Thanks!
Ben.

whydoIneedatech
07-11-2008, 20:20
Do you at present have a email address with Virginmedia such as an @ntlworld.com or a @blueyonder.co.uk addy because if so it will be disabled and you will no longer be able to use it unless you ask Customer Services for a Move and Transfer when you inform them that you are moving.

The above will not matter if your previous housemates keep your account at that property, but you still run the risk oif it being deleted by them.

Minimal_Fuss
11-11-2008, 08:57
ah no, I wasn't just apllning to move the equipment and setting to the new address and not tell virgin...didn't realise that would work at all if thats what you mean?

I'm looking at two options:

1=Leave the current deal with the old hosuemates, and simply get name on bill changed - is this allowed?

2=Have current deal moved to new address via Virgin Customer Service, and keep it as is.

Option 2 is prob easiest, but it's more than i want to pay now...would i be able to neotiate the contract down at this point?

Option 1 is only good if I can get a good new deal....anyone know of any? as there dont appear to be any good BB only offers right now?

whydoIneedatech
11-11-2008, 09:10
ah no, I wasn't just apllning to move the equipment and setting to the new address and not tell virgin...didn't realise that would work at all if thats what you mean?

I'm looking at two options:

1=Leave the current deal with the old hosuemates, and simply get name on bill changed - is this allowed?

2=Have current deal moved to new address via Virgin Customer Service, and keep it as is.

Option 2 is prob easiest, but it's more than i want to pay now...would i be able to neotiate the contract down at this point?

Option 1 is only good if I can get a good new deal....anyone know of any? as there dont appear to be any good BB only offers right now?

I was talking about your email address and if it was a Virgin supplied one.

You cannot jusy take the equipment and expect it to work in another property as the line has to be activated.

You can transfer the account but that will leave your housemates without equipment and give you a new 12 month contract, or you can cancel and let them take over and open a new account at your new address, this will give you all a new 12 month contract.

You call up and negotiate a new contract with Customer Services as that is probably the best way to get a deal.

Call 150 and speak to them.

xspeedyx
11-11-2008, 09:24
All you need to do mate is speak to movers and transfer they will discuss deals with you and you can say yes or no, if you say no then they'll disconnect you if you say yes then they will simply transfer the account to the new address with the deal you agreed with them, thats all you need to do mate

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

I was talking about your email address and if it was a Virgin supplied one.

You cannot jusy take the equipment and expect it to work in another property as the line has to be activated.

You can transfer the account but that will leave your housemates without equipment and give you a new 12 month contract, or you can cancel and let them take over and open a new account at your new address, this will give you all a new 12 month contract.

You call up and negotiate a new contract with Customer Services as that is probably the best way to get a deal.

Call 150 and speak to them.

What is it with you and think Customer services do everything LOL

whydoIneedatech
11-11-2008, 09:27
What is it with you and think Customer services do everything LOL

We like to get you doing a bit of work and you know where to direct them:D:p:

smeagoly1
11-11-2008, 15:27
From one who has used their moving home service, it is worth giving VM a call. If you get the right person, and given enough detail about your new local, they should offer you or give you enough information to swap over quite easily. I was online within 3 days after a complete move. Mind you this was from cable onto their ADSL package. It did save me a few hundred squid, as i had already just signed a new cable agreement before i had to move.
Check on VM's website your post code, to see if cable is in the area, if so it should be a breeze and just wait for the engineer date to be set.
If not, it's a time to wait for BT to install a new line, if that is the case, the ISP market is your oyster. Quite a few doing good deals out there.
I'm not one thesedays for long term commitment, as deals for older members are virtually nill, compaired to new customers on other ISPs

Marci
12-11-2008, 18:07
Moved twice in the past few years - everytime I've gone thru proper Moves n' Transfers channels, been given timeslots etc that have been stuck to, and each time I've been online with full tv, bb and phone within 24hrs of moving into the new address... however, I've ALWAYS lost my email address, and not been able to get it back again despite calls to CS.