PDA

View Full Version : Called Support today

CIS
06-11-2008, 22:25
Nightmare, well kind of, as it got sorted in the end.

Called up as my speeds have been outrageously low and got put through to an offshore representative. He got me to go through the cmd – netstat –a procedure, then he told me he could see spyware in my pc!

Ok I said, are you not going to ask me the number of connections first or ask me to run a –b? “your pc is full of spyware” and hung up! I know my pc was and is not full of spyware.

Got through on the second attempt to some lad Adam and Adam was very accurate and helpful. He done his magic and found out that my local UBR was maxing out at (sometimes 120% and most of the time 90%) he said he would rise this issue and he gave me his name and extension number so I could call him back and see what was happening.

I’m writing to virgin media about these cowboy offshore “support” workers, it’s not good enough that I’m paying £37 a month, have a slow service, but then have to talk with these people, who often don’t really understand me, let alone understand about “support” is all about.

We, the people who pay, need more Adams!

xspeedyx
06-11-2008, 23:25
I personally have never had a offshore support agent hang up on me but I am seeing and hearing increasing amounts of this which should be worrying to Virgin Media, the offshore centres are gonna be here for awhile as they still have contracts, plus not many UK reps left, I personally have only had good support from the UK centres, offshore read of a system that tells them a process to follow and if the fault isnt fixed by doing this then its the PC they blame.

Sorry you have had shocking services but glad Adam sorted it out.

CIS
15-11-2008, 13:18
It seems the support rep Admin who I called really did sort this out for me. (first time!)

Time and time again getting through to offshore reps, who just left me feeling frustrated and angry. (and this is simply bad business) Virgin Media really want to take a good hard long look at the fantastic UK based support staff they have, because, and I mean this literally, one UK Adam is equal to 20 of the offshore clowns.

xspeedyx
15-11-2008, 14:50
They wont as it saves them sooooo much money

Rone
15-11-2008, 16:23
I had one hang up once, i was'nt rude, but i'm sure they must resent the fact that we mostly know what they are going to say to us, there's no flexability beyond that point, that and some of them cant grasp the correct terminology or even simple wording which makes holding a conversation more than a little frustrating.

mr,m
15-11-2008, 16:34
This is becoming an increasingly annoying problem.Offshore call centres are now the norm in all businesses.I have called 3 times now regarding my service,I could hardly understand 2 of the ops and got no help from the third.Customer service in this country sucks big time,quick to take your cash tho!!