PDA

View Full Version : Digital phone not ringing with Virgin

jsmaunder
02-11-2008, 12:17
Hi there

Had virgin cable installed last week and since then have not been able to get my digital landline phone to ring. The line is fine and the call is registering but no ringing. Virgin engineer said problem was my phone so I bought a new one. Still no joy. The corded old phone does work so the line is fine.

I have tried to go through manuals on old and new phone to make sure ring tone is switched on etc. but no joy. Can anyone help? I'm missing quite a few calls.

Cheers

:)

cablecrazy
05-11-2008, 23:43
Hi there

Had virgin cable installed last week and since then have not been able to get my digital landline phone to ring. The line is fine and the call is registering but no ringing. Virgin engineer said problem was my phone so I bought a new one. Still no joy. The corded old phone does work so the line is fine.

I have tried to go through manuals on old and new phone to make sure ring tone is switched on etc. but no joy. Can anyone help? I'm missing quite a few calls.

Cheers

:)

When I had Virgin Media installed, my panasonic wouldnt ring either, engineer tested line and all was fine, bought a new phone and worked perfectly, gave the panasonic to my mum (she has BT) and works fine! :confused:

whydoIneedatech
05-11-2008, 23:50
When I had Virgin Media installed, my panasonic wouldnt ring either, engineer tested line and all was fine, bought a new phone and worked perfectly, gave the panasonic to my mum (she has BT) and works fine! :confused:

If you think you need a new phone then check out my post HERE (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34669410-post2.html)