PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing a phone line

ikthius
01-11-2008, 20:02
Ok I am getting confused with all these added extras and extra jargon and prices for this and that.....

I have an aunt, that we take care of, and she is getting on a bit.

she has never had a phone line for the last 15 years, but its time she needed one.

I am looking for the best landline phone tarriff.

she probably wont use the phone that often and its more for us to phone her.

so I am looking for the cheapest,

I am looking at BT & Virgin, but it is a minefield:

I cant find any monthly charges for Virgins M (phone) but L is £3.45 & XL is: £7.95

BT is more confusing.....

what would you guys pick for:
A new Connection, and the cheapest way to have a phone line possible using the phone a couple of times a day for no more than 10 mins at a time.

ik

joglynne
01-11-2008, 20:20
ik, just a thought but does your Aunt have an analogue TV? If so you might consider adding digital TV in to the equation. I'm not certain but I think you can get TV thrown in with certain VM phone options.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=10256

ikthius
01-11-2008, 20:47
she got freeview

I had a nightmare looking through BT and Virgin, but I tried the ask us a question, on Virgin and I must admit, that was great

a bit of sales patter, and them trying to sell the big packages, and at the start it seems like its automated, I even asked if they are a real person, but the more I chatted the better it got. Very helpful service

thtey clarified a lot of stuff for me.

so I think I will be suggesting they go for Virgin Phone M or L as there is free Med TV with those packages.

thanks Joggy,

ik