PDA

View Full Version : QuickStart questions

justreading
31-10-2008, 22:33
This may sound stupid but, what is included in the quickstart pack? Also am I eligible for a quickstart pack if the residence that I moved into just recently previously had NTL/Virgin Media Cable Broadband (which means the cable has been installed already, because I have a TV and broadband socket in the lounge already)?

I'm thinking of signing up for the M service. Does a modem come with it? Also, can someone explain to me the activation process amd modem setup once I receive this quickstart pack?

whydoIneedatech
31-10-2008, 22:42
If you have sked for broadband to be installed then you will receive a Cable Modem and if you have also asked for cable tv you will receive a Set Top Box, you will also receive an installation kit which will includeinstructions some lengths of cable a splitter and a plastic spanner to help connect the cables up.

When everything is connected together you will need to call Quickstart on 0800 953 9500 to get it all added to your account, before you call take a note of the HFC MAC address from the sticker on the base of the modem, as you will be asked for it, and connect your modem up the same way as your old one.

Turkey Machine
01-11-2008, 03:29
Correct. It is very easy to set it up. The TV worked out of the box, it took a little time to activate, but was otherwise correct on installation. The broadband required activation, but one call and it worked perfectly. Best £0 I ever spent! Still have to get on to them, because I'm paying for a phone line that isn't installed, even though through the deal I have I get a phone line, because in my flat I've seen 2 phone sockets that apparantly don't work (I've connected a phone to them and can get no dialling tone).

xspeedyx
01-11-2008, 09:20
This may sound stupid but, what is included in the quickstart pack? Also am I eligible for a quickstart pack if the residence that I moved into just recently previously had NTL/Virgin Media Cable Broadband (which means the cable has been installed already, because I have a TV and broadband socket in the lounge already)?

I'm thinking of signing up for the M service. Does a modem come with it? Also, can someone explain to me the activation process amd modem setup once I receive this quickstart pack?

Also be aware if the property hasnt had VM services for less than 3 years then you will have to a manned install