PDA

View Full Version : How join VM and BT landlines for conferencing

toothy
31-10-2008, 06:17
Hello there!

I am surprised if this hasn't been asked before but I couldn't see any question in the Cable Forum archives.

At home I have a VM landline. I'm interested in also getting a BT landline (mainly for its Caller Display). So I will have 2 landlines and 2 telephones.

How can I join the conversations on these 2 lines in order to be able to set up one conference call involving all 3 parties?

Thank you for any info!
Best wishes.
Toothy :confused:

Ernie_C
31-10-2008, 09:41
I'm not sure of your requirement. Why would you want two people on two landlines in the same location to speak to a third party on these separate landlines?

I have a single landline with two digital, cordless phones. You can call internally between these handsets and have a three-way call with an external caller.

toothy
03-11-2008, 02:07
I'm not sure of your requirement. Why would you want two people on two landlines in the same location to speak to a third party on these separate landlines?

To clarify, I want to:

(1) Call someone on my VM phone and then keep them on the line.

(2) Call someone of the BT phone and also keep them on the line.

(3) Join the VM and BT lines, so all three of us can talk together.

How can I do this?

Thank you are any info.
Toothy

Turkey Machine
03-11-2008, 02:17
Use a VOIP package that offers VOIP-to-landline calls, it'd be much easier. Skype has this going: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/allfeatures/conferencecall/

Other than a conferencing phone if you have 2 landlines, I can't suggest anything else! :(

nutellajunkie
14-11-2008, 12:32
skype is poo ;)

piggy
14-11-2008, 17:52
skype is poo ;)

i find skype is brill ;)