PDA

View Full Version : SKY LNB Question

bobbarker1972
29-10-2008, 22:28
Before monday I was running from my Sky LNB 1 sky+ box and 2 standard Sky boxs in other rooms.

On Monday i had SkyHD installed, it is fab, the engineer left the sky+ box and i want to use it in my bedroom, and still have the other standard box in the other room. can i do this i read somewhere that the LNB will run 8 standard sky receivers or 4 sky+ or skyHD boxs, is this true.

Thanks

Jon T
29-10-2008, 22:43
How many outputs has the LNB got?

A standard SKY reciever has one tuner which means one LNB port(and one line of coax between the two. Sky+ and SkyHD have two tuners so take up 2 LNB ports each(and thus require two lines of coax).

ntluser
10-01-2009, 07:43
How many outputs has the LNB got?

A standard SKY reciever has one tuner which means one LNB port(and one line of coax between the two. Sky+ and SkyHD have two tuners so take up 2 LNB ports each(and thus require two lines of coax).

What's the legal position if you want to replace the existing LNB on your Sky system with a quad LNB please?

Is it something that Sky would do for a charge?

Any info greatly appreciated please. TIA.

Paul K
10-01-2009, 10:25
Sky would charge if you asked them to do it, if the dish / box is over 12 months old its yours anyway.

ntluser
10-01-2009, 10:59
Sky would charge if you asked them to do it, if the dish / box is over 12 months old its yours anyway.

Thanks for that. I think it is over 12 months old as I received my insurance renewal notice a few months back.

I just did not want to fiddle with the dish and have Sky on my neck for doing so.

Paul K
10-01-2009, 11:06
Well if its over 12 months old and you fiddle with it and break it then its your own issue, within the 12 month period they would probably say "not covered due to end user interference" so either way if you break it you pay for it ;)

ntluser
10-01-2009, 11:22
Well if its over 12 months old and you fiddle with it and break it then its your own issue, within the 12 month period they would probably say "not covered due to end user interference" so either way if you break it you pay for it ;)

I was planning to get a contractor to do it as part of other installation work so any damage will be covered by the contractor's insurance, though I'm hoping that there won't be any!!

Thanks again for your help.