PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Recommendations: Newbury, Berks

Raistlin
27-10-2008, 19:08
Evening All,

Off to stay in Newbury (west Berkshire) for a little while.

I would be most grateful if someone who has knowledge of the area could provide me with a recommendation for a good hotel.

I'm going to be there for 2 weeks, money not much of an object (someone else is paying :p:), would be nice if the hotel amenities were of a decent standard :)

Thanks muchly :D

Hugh
27-10-2008, 19:44
Will you have transport, as there are quite a few nice country house hotels around there, or do you need to be in Newbury itself?

Raistlin
28-10-2008, 06:51
Somewhere in/close to Newbury would be good, that way I don't have to drive to get to places to eat/drink - but yes, I'll have a car :)

LSainsbury
28-10-2008, 06:56
Hi Rob,

I live just outside of Newbury - when do you need to know? I'll have a look around for you.

What are your requirements? There's a Hilton just by the retail park - not sure if that's the kinda hotel you want though!

I'm sure there are plenty of establishments knocking around.

PM me if you want!

Raistlin
28-10-2008, 09:37
Could do with knowing within the next week or so really as I needt to get things booked, please dont put yourself to any trouble though - just wondered if anybody knew of anywhere from personal experience. Any help greatly appreciated nonetheless :)

Not much in the way of requirements really, nice place, nice food, decent bar, not too far from the town so we can go out to eat if we want, that sort of stuff.

Appreciate the help :tu:

Chris
28-10-2008, 09:44
You have a choice of Hiltons - imaginitively named 'Newbury Centre' and 'Newbury North'. I'll let you work out whereabouts they are in relation to the town itself. :D

I visited both of them on the same day once, some years ago, but didn't really get to sample the amenities. However, they both have a Livingwell health club, and they are usually good. Only Newbury North has a swimming pool though.

LSainsbury
28-10-2008, 10:40
You have a choice of Hiltons - imaginitively named 'Newbury Centre' and 'Newbury North'. I'll let you work out whereabouts they are in relation to the town itself. :D

I visited both of them on the same day once, some years ago, but didn't really get to sample the amenities. However, they both have a Livingwell health club, and they are usually good. Only Newbury North has a swimming pool though.

Newbury North is up near the M4 - DON'T BOOK THERE as they are doing some road works at the Robin Hood roundabout - it'll take you 30mins + to get into the town!

Hugh
28-10-2008, 14:48
If you fancy something a bit different -

Newbury Manor (http://www.newbury-manor-hotel.co.uk/), near the town centre

The Crab (http://www.crabatchieveley.com/) at Chieveley, about a mile outside.