PDA

View Full Version : Selling Sky Digital Box

LSainsbury
26-10-2008, 12:29
Hi all,

Not sure if this should be here, in or in Other Digital Providers forum...oh well...

Having a clear out of the spare room and we've found our old Sky Digital box that's no longer used / required.

Are we legally allowed to sell it? Could somebody make use of it?

I see there are a few on fleBay so just thought I'd check first...

Cheers
Lee

Gary L
26-10-2008, 12:33
I'm sure you can, but I don't think you are supposed to sell the card with it.

whydoIneedatech
26-10-2008, 12:35
When we had Sky the box was purchased from them making it yours and if you left Sky then you could still use it for the free channels, I am not sure of the situation nowadays.

LSainsbury
26-10-2008, 12:35
Fair enough. I don't think the viewing card is in it...even if it is, it's old and will no longer work as that subscription was canceled when we moved and it will be be removed.

We'll sell the box, remote and power cable...

Any ideas how much they go for? £20?

Gary L
26-10-2008, 12:39

£5 mostly.

SOLD

:)

I don't know how much they're worth really. I'm a freeview person.

Kymmy
26-10-2008, 14:37
it's very dependant if it's got the remote or not....

Also the card can be used to view FTV/FTA channels even though it's an old subscriber card, though eBay will probably remove the listing if the card is with it as it seems that Sky has asked them to do that..

Pia
26-10-2008, 20:03
I wouldn't have thought the remote would be that important, you can buy them in Asda for about a fiver :shrug:

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

As long as you had Sky for over a year the box is yours to do what you like with, it's essentially just a freeview box...

alferret
26-10-2008, 20:47
Fair enough. I don't think the viewing card is in it...even if it is, it's old and will no longer work as that subscription was canceled when we moved and it will be be removed.

We'll sell the box, remote and power cable...

I could be interested depending on what model it is Lee. An 20 sounds about right, I got an Amstrad off of flebay for that price. (good box's for weaker signals)

LSainsbury
27-10-2008, 06:06
Alferret: It's an Amstrad DRX550 - It's on been on eBay since yesterday afternon and a couple of watchers now!

Paul K
27-10-2008, 08:24
As Pia has stated after the 12 month period it is your property to do with as you will. With the number of boxes on Ebay already getting anything but minimum price for it will be tricky though.

LSainsbury
27-10-2008, 09:54
As Pia has stated after the 12 month period it is your property to do with as you will. With the number of boxes on Ebay already getting anything but minimum price for it will be tricky though.

Well if we get £20 for it, it's better than sitting there gathering dust!! At least somebody will be able to make some use of it!