PDA

View Full Version : speed

roystheboy
24-10-2008, 00:00
Hello have VM updated there 4M to 10M free as they said they would yet thanks

r00t
24-10-2008, 00:03
It says so Here (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/current_service.html)

roystheboy
24-10-2008, 00:05
sorry pardon didnt understand that

r00t
24-10-2008, 00:06
Sorry
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/current_service.html
The link is contained in the Here :)

roystheboy
24-10-2008, 00:06
ok thanks how can I check if I got 10M cheers

Gary L
24-10-2008, 00:10
sorry pardon didnt understand that

Yes.
download an MP3 track in 4 seconds or an episode of your favourite TV show in just 5 minutes†Whoosh!

The Legal Stuff
†These figures are based on you not being STMd and/or not on an over subscribed UBR

:D

r00t
24-10-2008, 00:11
Your modem config would indicate 10Meg.
Though I don't like online tests, this should give you a rough Idea http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

Yes.
download an MP3 track in 4 seconds or an episode of your favourite TV show in just 5 minutes† Whoosh!

The Legal Stuff
† These figures are based on you not being STMd and/or not on an over subscribed UBR

** sigh** :rollseyes:

roystheboy
24-10-2008, 00:19
thanks very helpfull cheers

books
24-10-2008, 01:06
Yes.
download an MP3 track in 4 seconds or an episode of your favourite TV show in just 5 minutes†Whoosh!

The Legal Stuff
†These figures are based on you not being STMd and/or not on an over subscribed UBR

On Christmas day, I will give everyone on this forum £1000 in cash. â€

†unless Christmas day is on a 25th.

Druchii
24-10-2008, 07:58
On Christmas day, I will give everyone on this forum £1000 in cash. â€

†unless Christmas day is on a 25th.
Cool, Norwegians tend to celebrate it on the 24th!

Can i have my £1,000 now? :D

Raistlin
24-10-2008, 08:08
Yet another thread invaded by the anti-VM brigade.

I'm seriously starting to tire of the almost interminable littany of negative posts that seem to get forced into any discussion on VM.

Nice to see that the OP got their question answered despite this though, so well done to those positive posters that actually try to help rather than constantly criticising :tu:

alferret
24-10-2008, 08:09
On Christmas day, I will give everyone on this forum £1000 in cash. †

† unless Christmas day is on a 25th.

Cool, Norwegians tend to celebrate it on the 24th!

Can i have my £1,000 now? :D

LOL!

I'm moving to Norway for a few days in late December, after you've given Druchii his grand you can give me mine :p:

books
24-10-2008, 09:05
LOL!

I'm moving to Norway for a few days in late December, after you've given Druchii his grand you can give me mine :p:

Sorry, there is another line of small print. (So small that you can't see it without a microscope.)

I'm seriously starting to tire of the almost interminable littany of negative posts that seem to get forced into any discussion on VM.

Nice to see that the OP got their question answered despite this though, so well done to those positive posters that actually try to help rather than constantly criticising :tu:

Did you ever consider that there are negative posts about Virgin because there are some negative things to be said about them? If you are THAT bothered by it, then why not change your forum policy to be "positive posts only". It could be like your niche. You would be the only forum on the entire internet where only one perspective is allowed. (Apart from maybe theKKK.com or AlQueda.org)

In fact, it's hard to understand why you made a public forum in the first place, seeing as your little crew clearly don't like people. I've had one of you rudely tell me what I said was biased, even though it wasn't, and now you're calling me "anti-VM brigade". Why not just hyperlink your registration button to a big "Bugger Off" page. Then you could make the site private, so you can all skulk around in peace.

Gary L
24-10-2008, 10:02

Anyone can see it was a joke Rob.

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Did you ever consider that there are negative posts about Virgin because there are some negative things to be said about them? If you are THAT bothered by it, then why not change your forum policy to be "positive posts only". It could be like your niche. You would be the only forum on the entire internet where only one perspective is allowed. (Apart from maybe theKKK.com or AlQueda.org)

or the God probably doesn't exist thread. there's some very strong views in there from certain people. one side versus the other.

In fact, it's hard to understand why you made a public forum in the first place, seeing as your little crew clearly don't like people. I've had one of you rudely tell me what I said was biased, even though it wasn't, and now you're calling me "anti-VM brigade". Why not just hyperlink your registration button to a big "Bugger Off" page. Then you could make the site private, so you can all skulk around in peace.

Is it ok with me to agree with this, or will I get into trouble?

:erm:

Raistlin
24-10-2008, 10:22
Did you ever consider that there are negative posts about Virgin because there are some negative things to be said about them?

I've got no problems with people posting negative things about Virgin, in fact I'd be surprised and dissapointed if that were ever to stop, that's what adult discussion is all about - alternative views.

Where I have a problem is when someone asks for assistance in resolving a problem, or requests information regarding some aspect of their VM service and I know for a fact that I can predict that a large percentage of the negative content of the next few posts will a) come from a small minority of users, b) contain nothing (or little) of any help to the OP, and c) will mostly be the same stuff that's trotted out by that minority at every opportunity.

People come here for help, not for biased opinions one way or the other - when that help is constantly sidelined by people who have nothing better to do than bad-mouth one service provider or another it detracts from the overall focus of the forum.

If people want to rant about/express their dissapointment with VM or anybody else then they are invited to start their own thread for that purpose. Anybody continuing to derail other people's requests for help is likely to find themself sitting on the proverbial naughty step in fairly short order ;)

Now then.....back on-topic please :)

books
24-10-2008, 10:49
I've got no problems with people posting negative things about Virgin, in fact I'd be surprised and dissapointed if that were ever to stop, that's what adult discussion is all about - alternative views.

Where I have a problem is when someone asks for assistance in resolving a problem, or requests information regarding some aspect of their VM service and I know for a fact that I can predict that a large percentage of the negative content of the next few posts will a) come from a small minority of users, b) contain nothing (or little) of any help to the OP, and c) will mostly be the same stuff that's trotted out by that minority at every opportunity.

People come here for help, not for biased opinions one way or the other - when that help is constantly sidelined by people who have nothing better to do than bad-mouth one service provider or another it detracts from the overall focus of the forum.

If people want to rant about/express their dissapointment with VM or anybody else then they are invited to start their own thread for that purpose. Anybody continuing to derail other people's requests for help is likely to find themself sitting on the proverbial naughty step in fairly short order ;)

Now then.....back on-topic please :)
What difference does it make if negativity comes from a majority or a small minority? (Or what you claim is a minority...). Are opinions from minorities not welcome or valid?

You said it yourself, the OP had their problem solved, so nobody is putting anyone's help on the sideline or derailing anything. And just because an opinion is negative doesn't mean it's biased.. And why do you assume negative people have nothing better to do? That's pretty presumptuous isn't it? Could it be that YOU are biased?

Chris
24-10-2008, 11:11
This is a topic-based discussion forum. We DO NOT permit every single thread that mentions Virgin Media download speeds to turn into just another rant about STM, congestion etc etc etc.

Consider this a final warning: the next off topic, arguing or otherwise disruptive post will be dealt with severely.