PDA

View Full Version : @ blueyonder down again

jls
23-10-2008, 13:02
it is getting beyond a joke.i received a couple of emails this morning,just rubbish,but not the important ones i should have got yesterday.asked for one to be sent again,nothing,checked the virgin site and, suprise suprise, its down nationally again.i know that things go wrong but it is so annoying when they say that the problem has been fixed when it has`nt.

Sirius
23-10-2008, 13:05
it is getting beyond a joke.i received a couple of emails this morning,just rubbish,but not the important ones i should have got yesterday.asked for one to be sent again,nothing,checked the virgin site and, suprise suprise, its down nationally again.i know that things go wrong but it is so annoying when they say that the problem has been fixed when it has`nt.

Got a link to where it says its down again. ?

Its ok got it.

Ticket
Ticket Number 825614
Time Stamp 23/10/2008 09:25
Priority P1
Status Updated
Department Outage Surveillence Team
Estimated Time Fix 4 Hours
Customers Affected Broadband Internet
Raised By Paul Clark
Postcode Areas All
Placename Nationally
Detailed Description
Customers nationally may currently be experiencing difficulties in receiving mail on their Ex-Blueyonder email services.

Our engineers are currently investigating this issue and hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

Virgin Media would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Virgin Media Technical Support

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 13:08
I am receiving mail OK, the is a possibility that during the power outage that mails may have been lost and that is beyond their control.

chickendippers
23-10-2008, 13:13
Emails should trickle through, unless the sender's email provider doesn't use standard redelivery standards.

Deank
23-10-2008, 16:59
i using a blueyonder account and from yesterday i had no email working at all i can send email but dont seen to be recieving it properly, i have bought a couple of things online today and have had no emails back also tryed to send a email to myself and havent recieved it yet im guessing this is a nationwide problem with blueyonder accounts?

Edit: strange when i send mail to myself i am now recieving ok,but i have orderd a few things from OCUK today i havent had any confirmation emails back and they are very prompt always something is still wrong maybe the emails im expecting have been lost for good

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 17:32
i using a blueyonder account and from yesterday i had no email working at all i can send email but dont seen to be recieving it properly, i have bought a couple of things online today and have had no emails back also tryed to send a email to myself and havent recieved it yet im guessing this is a nationwide problem with blueyonder accounts?

Edit: strange when i send mail to myself i am now recieving ok,but i have orderd a few things from OCUK today i havent had any confirmation emails back and they are very prompt always something is still wrong maybe the emails im expecting have been lost for good
Check your account and email the vendor to confirm that the sale has gone through.

Deank
23-10-2008, 17:35
Check your account and email the vendor to confirm that the sale has gone through.
the sale has gone through checked and rang up vendor hours ago to get my consigment details that i havent recieved via email !!! i have never had any probs with ocuk ever when it comes to confirmation emails of orders this is a problem with virgin not my machine or vendors
i am waiting for several emails from differnet vendors and ppl etc it cant be all there machines

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 17:37
When did you make your purchase because if it crossed with the National Grid surge that knocked out Virgin then they possibly may have been lost.

Deank
23-10-2008, 17:44
When did you make your purchase because if it crossed with the National Grid surge that knocked out Virgin then they possibly may have been lost.
about 1.30 this afternoon i am slowly getting emails every 10-15 or so but not the important ones

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 17:58
Well that is more than 24hrs later, might be an idea to give them a ring.

Deank
23-10-2008, 18:08
Well that is more than 24hrs later, might be an idea to give them a ring.no i have rang up today about 3.30 my order is ok and been sent!!! i ordered the product at 1.30 this afternoon not sure what u mean to be honest
the problem is virgin not the ppl and vendors i have ordered from, my orders are all complete and have been sent just havent recieved the emails!! im only now getting emails now and again that i was susposed to get yesterday
i know this as friends have sent me messages yesterday and im now getting them one by one now gradually

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 18:13
no i have rang up today about 3.30 my order is ok and been sent!!! i ordered the product at 1.30 this afternoon not sure what u mean to be honest

This lot:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 3 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deank
23-10-2008, 18:15
youve lost me completly obvioulsy something has made you laugh not sure what the hell you are on about
and to be honest and cant be bothered to explain myself anymore, i aprechaite that you taken the time to try and help me on this matter
so thanks

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 18:18
youve lost me completly obvioulsy something has made you laugh not sure what the hell you are on about
You have got problems receiving email from your @blueyonder.co.uk account I presumed so call up the Tech Support team to get them to check if the are any issues with your email, if you use another email client then check with them.

Deank
23-10-2008, 18:25
You have got problems receiving email from your @blueyonder.co.uk account I presumed so call up the Tech Support team to get them to check if the are any issues with your email, if you use another email client then check with them.
i have checked on the VM service status and this problem with blueyonder is nationwide i came on CF to see if anybody else is having issues or if its been fixed.
to be honest im not prepared to ring up CS as im sick to death of speaking to a call centre in india where nobody can understand a word of english and the technical knowledge is poor .but thats a different issue so we wont start on that one as i said earlier thanks a lot for your help very much apprechiated

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 22:28
i have checked on the VM service status and this problem with blueyonder is nationwide i came on CF to see if anybody else is having issues or if its been fixed.
to be honest im not prepared to ring up CS as im sick to death of speaking to a call centre in india where nobody can understand a word of english and the technical knowledge is poor .but thats a different issue so we wont start on that one as i said earlier thanks a lot for your help very much apprechiated
The are 3 UK call Centres, Swansea, Liverpool and Airdrie for Technical Support, ring during the day if possible.

Turkey Machine
23-10-2008, 22:30
If you ring Tech Support or Quickstart, can you request to be transferred to a UK call centre?

whydoIneedatech
23-10-2008, 22:32
If you ring Tech Support or Quickstart, can you request to be transferred to a UK call centre?

Best through Customer Relations.

Turkey Machine
23-10-2008, 22:34
I don't understand, can you elaborate? Everytime I've rung up, I've been put through to an Indian call centre, and I have trouble understanding what they're saying 50% of the time. I don't with UK call centres (different services).

EDIT: Apologies for de-railing the thread.

books
24-10-2008, 10:01
Was it just your emails down? I lost the entire internet yesterday. Not sure how long for because after 2 hours I had to give up and go to a friends house to use his internet. I tried calling them and it took over an hour to get through to them because their line was blocked with a high volume of calls. When I got through she said there was some kind of nationwide fault.

vj531
24-10-2008, 14:35
I have email problems still after 72 hours! Some test emails are not hitting my blueyonder pop box. But my old Nildram account is still receiving same test emails. I have missing emails as well now as the senders have confirmed by phone they sent them but they have not arrived.

This is very poor who does one contact to get the quickest response?

moaningmags
24-10-2008, 14:44
A post in the e-mail support newsgroups

"I have been advised that most of the backlog is now cleared and should be
completely resolved by this evening."

jls
25-10-2008, 10:36
still the same problems.switched on this am ,emails from yesterday waiting.ones sent to me this am are not getting through.it looks as though thre is something slowing the system down,but some emails have vanished totally.

Deank
25-10-2008, 19:26
still the same problems.switched on this am ,emails from yesterday waiting.ones sent to me this am are not getting through.it looks as though thre is something slowing the system down,but some emails have vanished totally.
im having the exact same problem still now