PDA

View Full Version : There will be no more little townies ...

Chris
22-10-2008, 20:16
... because, here in the relative anonymity of Cable Forum, I can announce that I have just had a vasectomy. And it's probably the glass of wine I've just had to help dull the pain that has clouded my judgement sufficiently to allow me to post this thread. :D

Seeing as there's nobody local to me in the real world who I can share this with, I thought I'd inflict it on you lot, in the hope of attracting some sympathy for the abused state of my nether regions.

I should take this opportunity to give a big :clap: to the NHS, the surgeon and nurses I saw today were superb.

dilli-theclaw
22-10-2008, 20:21
Um - I hope you feel better soon, and please PLEASE PLEASE no pictures lol ;)

Hugh
22-10-2008, 20:22
Have they warned you about the swelling, and did they supply a net "hammock"

Chris
22-10-2008, 20:24
Yes, it's in the information leaflet (and the nurse talked me through it), and no, no hammock supplied - just a recommendation to wear tight underwear. :disturbd:

Dai
22-10-2008, 20:25
You're now landed gentry.. Two acres..

I'd not plan on getting your bike out for a few weeks.

:rolleyes:

Pia
22-10-2008, 20:25
Out of interest, why? :confused:

zing_deleted
22-10-2008, 20:26
awwww hope you have some large boxers to house your enlarged peache lol lol

Russ
22-10-2008, 20:27
... because, here in the relative anonymity of Cable Forum, I can announce that I have just had a vasectomy. And it's probably the glass of wine I've just had to help dull the pain that has clouded my judgement sufficiently to allow me to post this thread. :D

Seeing as there's nobody local to me in the real world who I can share this with, I thought I'd inflict it on you lot, in the hope of attracting some sympathy for the abused state of my nether regions.

I should take this opportunity to give a big :clap: to the NHS, the surgeon and nurses I saw today were superb.

That's what I like about you Chris mate, you let us know about the real important stuff :D

As someone who's also had a knife pretty close to 'down there' once, I concur that the doctors and nurses are excellent :)

zing_deleted
22-10-2008, 20:27

so the Mrs dont have to take the pill, wear a cap have a coil inserted or an implant or He no longer has to wear a Johnny. Isnt that always the reason lol

Oh and they dont want more kids lol lol

Chris
22-10-2008, 20:28

Three children, long-term risks associated with the Pill, dissatisfaction with certain barrier methods ... it's a logical approach to family planning, once your family is complete. :)

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

so the Mrs dont have to take the pill, wear a cap have a coil inserted or an implant or He no longer has to wear a Johnny. Isnt that always the reason lol

Oh and they dont want more kids lol lol

This is why I love the English language. You notice how we both said exactly the same thing, yet using almost entirely different words? :D

zing_deleted
22-10-2008, 20:28
You are so polite dude :)

dilli-theclaw
22-10-2008, 20:29
I have had an op on THAT part. But I wouldn't want to talk about it on here...

Oh wait :( ;)

Nugget
22-10-2008, 20:53
I have had an op on THAT part. But I wouldn't want to talk about it on here...

Oh wait :( ;)

Yeah, but have you actually had the snip? Trust me, it makes a vas deferens ;)

Russ
22-10-2008, 20:58

To spelling, clearly :D

Nugget
22-10-2008, 21:00
To spelling, clearly :D

But apparently not the pronunciation ;)

Chris
22-10-2008, 21:02

All these years, and this thread makes you want to add me to your buddy list?

It's just as well I hit 'yes' before reading this post, that has got to be one of the most excruciating puns I've ever read, and that's saying something when it's you that's the author. ;)

Hmm ... excruciating ...

/checks watch

Can't have more paracetamol for another 20 minutes! :mad:

Nugget
22-10-2008, 21:11
All these years, and this thread makes you want to add me to your buddy list?

Just thought I'd add to your pain :)

It's just as well I hit 'yes' before reading this post, that has got to be one of the most excruciating puns I've ever read, and that's saying something when it's you that's the author. ;)

See? All my hard work hasn't been in vain :D

Hmm ... excruciating ...

/checks watch

Can't have more paracetamol for another 20 minutes! :mad:

Group hug for Chris? Just not too close, eh ;)

joglynne
22-10-2008, 21:16
:hugs: Have you tried an ice pack? It may help. A packet of frozen peas works well...or so I have been informed.

Russ
22-10-2008, 21:23
Although we are in the presence of pun-related greatness (Nugget) might I be the one to start them off? I am not daring to challenge Sir Nugg as the Punmaster General but was hoping I could start the ball running with.....

..they say "the first cut's the deepest" :D

zing_deleted
22-10-2008, 21:24
I tend to take Ibruprophen and paracetamol in stepping doses when im in real pain

Chris
22-10-2008, 21:26
Although we are in the presence of pun-related greatness (Nugget) might I be the one to start them off? I am not daring to challenge Sir Nugg as the Punmaster General but was hoping I could start the ball running with.....

Russ, Nugg has already started the punfest, it was just such a good one you missed it. Go and look up 'vas deferens'. ;) :D

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

I tend to take Ibruprophen and paracetamol in stepping doses when im in real pain

I had a stomach ulcer a few years back - 'profen is off limits to me for the rest of my life. :(

zing_deleted
22-10-2008, 21:27
Oh dear id say have a stiff one but that wont help lol lol

Nugget
22-10-2008, 21:28

Actually, as I understand it, the first nut is the deepest ;)

However, in honour of the real pain that Chris must be feeling at this moment in time, I feel I should bow out of the pun competition - truss me, knowing when to quit is the true teste :)

homealone
22-10-2008, 22:50
I don't understand going through all this pain for the sake of birth control - every time someone tried to talk me into having a baby I would just withdraw from the conversation ;)

- on a more serious note I hope the discomfort doesn't last too long, Chris ...

soup dragon
23-10-2008, 05:34
i know how you are feeling mate, it is painful for a few days. I had a hernia op and vasectomy at the same time (didn't want to waste nhs resources!) and my surgeon was quite exited that he could do them both together!!

Maggy
23-10-2008, 06:55
Well done Chris for being a loving and generous husband.:clap::clap::clap:

Chris
23-10-2008, 06:58
Thank you :)

Up for paracetamol ... I thought it was going to be ok without pain relief today until I tried to sit up :disturbd:

I'm going back to bed!

Dai
23-10-2008, 08:42
Just don't think about Kirstie..

;)

Uncle Peter
23-10-2008, 15:11
@Chris don't do what I did on the 8th day and play football. Got it square in the spuds and it was far from pleasant. Take it easy!

Angua
23-10-2008, 15:22
Give it a while and you will have to watch how you cross your legs. :shocked:

Meanwhile..... Well done Chris :clap:and I do hope the pain goes soon.

PeteTheMusicGuy
23-10-2008, 16:05
I hope you feel better soon mate :)

Chris
23-10-2008, 16:12
Thanks all. I don't often get the chance to sit down and mess with my computer for an entire day, so it's not all bad. :D

Hugh
23-10-2008, 22:09
Local or general anaesthetic, Chris?

I had general - just the thought of someone approaching my love-sac with a knife gives me flashbacks to my first marriage..........:D

papa smurf
23-10-2008, 22:18

I had general - just the thought of someone approaching my love-sac with a knife gives me flashbacks to my first marriage..........:D

i claim my £5 your john wayne bobbit :D

alferret
24-10-2008, 07:58

I had my vasectomy in April '05. I must say it was a pain free experience and the only downside was the really bad itching during re-growth ;)

I was back at work the following day wearing my supportive pants, no swelling and best of all no pain and no pain killers (high pain threshold) This was also on the NHS, Kingsmill Hospital Mansfield.

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

I had a stomach ulcer a few years back - 'profen is off limits to me for the rest of my life. :(

With regards to Ulcers and Ibuprofen on the odd occasion I have needed extra pain relief with my back problems I have taken Ibuprofen even though I suffered from an ulcer (caused by H.Pylori) in 1998. I think that you should be ok if it is just for the odd day here and there. Prolonged use can give problems and exacerbate ongoing stomach issues but the odd day should be ok.

None of the above statement is given as medical advice and a consultation with a doctor is always advised.

Graham M
24-10-2008, 08:41
Kingsmill Hospital Mansfield..

They make bread there too? :erm::D

Chris
24-10-2008, 09:09

Local ... they didn't give me the choice. TBH I would have chosen local anyway, as it's a lot less hassle. The most surprising thing was that the injection (which has to go in at the site of the operation as it's a local anaesthetic) wasn't anything more than mildly uncomfortable. It was more the thought of where it was going that was troubling.

The thing is, it was so unremarkable that I wasn't sure he'd actually done it, so I glanced down to see what he was up to, and saw him setting-to with a scalpel. :shocked:

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

I had my vasectomy in April '05. I must say it was a pain free experience and the only downside was the really bad itching during re-growth ;)

Ahh, yes, I know what you mean :disturbd:

With regards to Ulcers and Ibuprofen on the odd occasion I have needed extra pain relief with my back problems I have taken Ibuprofen even though I suffered from an ulcer (caused by H.Pylori) in 1998. I think that you should be ok if it is just for the odd day here and there. Prolonged use can give problems and exacerbate ongoing stomach issues but the odd day should be ok.

None of the above statement is given as medical advice and a consultation with a doctor is always advised.

Nice disclaimer. I must say I have been tempted to try ibuprofen. I love it. I took an accidental overdose once (two pills instead of one, which was the maximum because they were one of my wife's friend's super-strength period pain pills) and it was great. I spent the evening with my head on the table in the restaurant we were eating out in, clueless as to why I was so sleepy ... :erm:

Russ
24-10-2008, 09:11
Nice disclaimer. I must say I have been tempted to try ibuprofen. I love it. I took an accidental overdose once (two pills instead of one, which was the maximum because they were one of my wife's friend's super-strength period pain pills) and it was great. I spent the evening with my head on the table in the restaurant we were eating out in, clueless as to why I was so sleepy ... :erm:

Having met you in person I have to say I'd have paid good money to have watched that - there isn't any youtube footage by any chance?? :D

Solpadol has that effect on me - you can tell if I've taken it because my posts will be full of spelling mistakes and it's happened a lot recently :D

Chris
24-10-2008, 09:15
Having met you in person I have to say I'd have paid good money to have watched that - there isn't any youtube footage by any chance?? :D

Solpadol has that effect on me - you can tell if I've taken it because my posts will be full of spelling mistakes and it's happened a lot recently :D

Now I'm trying to remember what I can possibly have done during that night out in Birmingham that makes the prospect of me half asleep on a restaurant table so hilarious ... :erm: :D

'fraid there's no YouTube footage, the internet was a very different place in those days (this was about 10 years ago, IIRC).

Alien
24-10-2008, 11:48
I've never known Paracetamol to have any affect on pain at all for me.

Up for paracetamol ... I thought it was going to be ok without pain relief today until I tried to sit up :disturbd:

I'm going back to bed!
If you're still in pain get the Mrs to fetch you home some Paramol [comes in a black box], not Paracetamol. Paramol does contain Paracetamol, but it's not the main ingredient, Dihydrocodeine is. I think the main reason they bother putting Paracetamol in it is to stop people just buying it for the Dihydrocodeine, & using it for "recreational purposes" instead of for pain relief.

i claim my £5 your john wayne bobbit :D
IIRC, that was a pair of scissors, not a knife. ;)

I must say I have been tempted to try ibuprofen. I love it. I took an accidental overdose once (two pills instead of one, which was the maximum because they were one of my wife's friend's super-strength period pain pills) and it was great. I spent the evening with my head on the table in the restaurant we were eating out in, clueless as to why I was so sleepy ... :erm:
I suspect those pills had more than Ibruprofen in them if they made you sleepy, most likely Codeine or Dihydrocodeine. Too much Ibruprofen can cause various problems [ranging from acid indigestion to kidney problems, depending on dosage], but I'm pretty sure sleepyness isn't 1 of them.

Enuff
24-10-2008, 19:59
3 or 4 solpadol do the trick for me.

Russ
24-10-2008, 20:06
Are you serious?

Solpadol as in 500mg paracetemol, 30mg codeine per tab?

Enuff
24-10-2008, 20:11
Are you serious?

Solpadol as in 500mg paracetemol, 30mg codeine per tab?

Yeah, the effervescent type 30/500mg.

Russ
24-10-2008, 23:53
Yeah, the effervescent type 30/500mg.

You do know that any more than 2 within 4 hours of each other can cause you kidney damage??

Enuff
25-10-2008, 00:30
I do, it can also cause damage to the liver.

Chris
25-10-2008, 00:43
I would hope that the max dose stated on the packet has at least some safety margin, considering that paracetamol is so freely available ...

Russ
25-10-2008, 00:43
I do, it can also cause damage to the liver.

And you still exceed the dose?!

Enuff
25-10-2008, 10:45
Ye, i'm affraid I do. I don't do it that regular though. Still, that's no excuse.

Russ
25-10-2008, 10:48
Hey I'm not judging or having a go, just making sure you're aware of the risks.

Taf
25-10-2008, 10:51
Kapake is normally issued for post-op pain...

I had to have TWO vasectomies as they couldn't find the second tube... the second time I was knocked for for TWO hours and they had to clip the tube INSIDE the penis....

OWIE! OWIE! OWIE! .... then morphine bliss......

Russ
25-10-2008, 10:57
Kapake is normally issued for post-op pain...

I had to have TWO vasectomies as they couldn't find the second tube... the second time I was knocked for for TWO hours and they had to clip the tube INSIDE the penis....

OWIE! OWIE! OWIE! .... then morphine bliss......

There ain't a man on the forum who didn't wince while reading that :spin:

Maggy
25-10-2008, 13:16
Well I also winced in empathy...who wouldn't? :erm:

Angua
25-10-2008, 15:18
Teeth sucking noise :sorry:

Stuart
25-10-2008, 15:42

I think you started well with "hoping I could start the ball rolling". Hopefully, won't be too much of that.

Julian
25-10-2008, 16:20
<Snip>

I've thought about this, but like the above post I have a mate who had to have it done 3 times before he was successfully firing blanks. :erm:

Hope yours was successful Chris and you'll be able to celebrate with a stiff drink soon. :)

Chris
25-10-2008, 17:31
Drinks are the only stiff thing I can celebrate with at the moment. I'm frankly terrified of seeing or thinking anything that might put any strain on my stitches. :erm: :cry:

Russ
25-10-2008, 17:48
A few day's peace away from the wife then :D

And Myleene Klass.

Mmmmm, Myleene :romance:

Alien
25-10-2008, 20:56
Drinks are the only stiff thing I can celebrate with at the moment. I'm frankly terrified of seeing or thinking anything that might put any strain on my stitches. :erm: :cry:
So we shouldn't mention Kirstie Alsop then, or post pics? :D

Chris
25-10-2008, 20:57
:Yikes:

Arsenal ...

Arsenal ...

Arsenal ...

phew ... :D

Dai
25-10-2008, 23:59
So we shouldn't mention Kirstie Alsop then, or post pics? :D

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34659570-post28.html

;)

Chris
26-10-2008, 00:01
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34659570-post28.html

;)

Argh, stop it, she's all womanly curves and plummy-voiced loveliness! :D

Maggy
26-10-2008, 00:26
Think about Ricky Gervais instead...;)

Alien
26-10-2008, 13:18
So we shouldn't mention Kirstie Alsop then, or post pics? :D:Yikes:

Arsenal ...

Arsenal ...

Arsenal ...

phew ... :D
:erm: That's a rather strange combination, but then who am I to judge? :angel:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alien42/images_to_link_to/KirstieAllsop-Arsenal.jpg

:D

Chris
26-10-2008, 21:05
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo! :cry:

Alien
26-10-2008, 23:14
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo! :cry:
Download Failed (1)

Chris
26-10-2008, 23:15
Download Failed (1)

Nice photochop though. I had to stare really hard at her cleavage to work out whether it was a genuine pic or not. :D

Alien
26-10-2008, 23:51
Nice photochop though.
Thanks. :blush: It's not perfect, but I'm quite pleased with how it came out, especially as it involved using a few tools in PSP [9] that I hadn't used before.

I had to stare really hard at her cleavage to work out whether it was a genuine pic or not. :D
Yeah, I'm sure that's why you were staring. ;) As to the cleavage, etc, that is all her. I started with this pic:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/10/20.jpg
desaturated her dress to remove the original colour, but keep shape, shadow & highlights, etc, then used the Change to Target tool to paint on the "Arsenal red".

The team logo was taken from a shirt I found via google, then tweaked the perspective of it a bit.

I did something similar for the Nike logo & Emirates text, but I didn't just paste them in as I wanted them to have the correct folds etc of the dress. What I did for those was use them to make a selection, then switched to the dress layer & used a similar method to the dress colour change to make the logo & text white, and also the same for the shoulder stripes. The hardest part was getting the selections to select exactly what & how I wanted them to.