PDA

View Full Version : Emails, not connecting to server.

VMboy
22-10-2008, 16:26
Anyone still experiencing a loss of their Email services not able to connect to the server using Virgin Media?

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Any ideas as to when the emails for blueyonder.co.uk accounts will be up and running?

dwm
22-10-2008, 16:35
My email isn't working either.

Will we lose any emails that may have been received during this downtime?

VMboy
22-10-2008, 16:49
My email isn't working either.

Will we lose any emails that may have been received during this downtime?

No, I shouldn't think so.

Do you have a blueyonder.co.uk address then?

dwm
22-10-2008, 16:56
Yes I do. Let's hope they fix it soon.

xspeedyx
22-10-2008, 16:57
It been down for awhile somethings happened to it

chickendippers
22-10-2008, 17:01
The very nature of the email system means you will most likely receive all emails once access is restored. Most providers make a number of attempts to deliver an email, so it will be delivered when they make another delivery attempt.

on in an hour!
22-10-2008, 17:06
The very nature of the email system means you will most likely receive all emails once access is restored. Most providers make a number of attempts to deliver an email, so it will be delivered when they make another delivery attempt.

all VM's internal systems have been down most of the day,i presume this would include the mail server.BenMcr or whydoineedatech will be along shortly to explain im sure,im field based but couldnt complete any faults as details on phone lines werent available,we couldnt swap faulty boxes or modems either :(

jls
22-10-2008, 17:19
the annoying thing is that virgins status page says no problems!!! i am waiting for urgent emails to arrive and nobody can say when the service will resume.

on in an hour!
22-10-2008, 17:25
the annoying thing is that virgins status page says no problems!!! i am waiting for urgent emails to arrive and nobody can say when the service will resume.

i have been told that ex-telewest areas are now ok (dont know how true this is) but ex-ntl areas are still suffering. :(
i spoke to a VM manager earlier who was in knowsley when it went,he said all the power dipped,including the lights,then lights came back on but systems were down,including their phones.

VMboy
22-10-2008, 17:25

I totally agree with you.

Andrewcrawford23
22-10-2008, 17:42
i think you are been a bit over the top, virgin can not be blamed for a pwer outage. you seem to not understand the problesm there is in getting a system back up and running after a power outage.

firstly the surge that has happened will mostly likely have wiped a few machines so they will need new hardware, second it will have corrupt data so they will need ot use there backu0ps (well i hope they have backups) to restore the data which isnt not a quick thing.

third email server takea while to get going so to say esicpally after unexpect shut down

xspeedyx
22-10-2008, 17:42
All systems went down I have tryed the email system which gets me to the login page but cant actually sign in

Andrewcrawford23
22-10-2008, 17:44
because the servers are down ;)

VMboy
22-10-2008, 17:46
i think you are been a bit over the top, virgin can not be blamed for a pwer outage. you seem to not understand the problesm there is in getting a system back up and running after a power outage.

firstly the surge that has happened will mostly likely have wiped a few machines so they will need new hardware, second it will have corrupt data so they will need ot use there backu0ps (well i hope they have backups) to restore the data which isnt not a quick thing.

third email server takea while to get going so to say esicpally after unexpect shut down

Looks like your spell checker is down also.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Can I ask what message you receive when trying to access your web mail?

Andrewcrawford23
22-10-2008, 17:49
Looks like your spell checker is down also.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Can I ask what message you receive when trying to access your web mail?

Looks like you need to read my post and not be offesnse it says i am dsylexic spell checkers hardly help much.

The onyl message i am getting jsut now is that the host is unavailable which is expect since the server is down

xspeedyx
22-10-2008, 17:51
Firstly VMBoy - read andrewcrawford23 Sig and you will see he is dyslexic so he may spell something wrong so don't take the **** for his spelling its down right rude and secondly the message I get is

Error
An error has occurred. Please wait a moment before trying again

ufitm
22-10-2008, 17:53
i have been told that ex-telewest areas are now ok (dont know how true this is) but ex-ntl areas are still suffering. :(
i spoke to a VM manager earlier who was in knowsley when it went,he said all the power dipped,including the lights,then lights came back on but systems were down,including their phones.

mines not and i am in a ex telewest area

xspeedyx
22-10-2008, 17:54

neither is mine but they server arent fully up and running in the Telewest areas yet

VMboy
22-10-2008, 17:54
Firstly VMBoy - read andrewcrawford23 Sig and you will see he is dyslexic so he may spell something wrong so don't take the **** for his spelling its down right rude and secondly the message I get is

Error
An error has occurred. Please wait a moment before trying again

Ok, calm down, I don't have time to read everyones signature, so I apologise if I offended.

on in an hour!
22-10-2008, 17:56
sorry i was meaning the internal VM computer systems in ex-telewest were back up,this means they can now dish out scheduled fault calls that theyve not been able to give to techs since lunch time and close down completed installs,hit boxes/modems etc,..

xspeedyx
22-10-2008, 17:57
Ok, calm down, I don't have time to read everyones signature, so I apologise if I offended.

I wasn't trying to sound nasty just stating a fact, as you never know what people are like if you never see them

VMboy
22-10-2008, 18:04
I wasn't trying to sound nasty just stating a fact, as you never know what people are like if you never see them

Very true, and thanks again for letting me know about it.

I have also sent him a PM with an apology.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Dear Andrew,

I have also sent you a PM regarding this but thought to post it here too.

I am so sorry if I offended you regarding your spelling, I didn't read your sig, which is totally my fault, please accept my sincere apology.

sparky621
22-10-2008, 18:25
Announcement on VM customer zone:
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/technical-issues.php

Now loss of mains is understandable, thats why UPS was invented, but damage to backup power supplies?
Surely there's surge protection fitted?:confused:

VMboy
22-10-2008, 18:32
Email and Web Mail now back up and running.

Wild Oscar
22-10-2008, 18:34
i have been told that ex-telewest areas are now ok

No emails since 11 this morning, and I'm ex-telewest ... down here in the south-east.

dwm
22-10-2008, 18:35
Email appears to be working for me now, but there is no new mail on the server.

I know for a fact than an email was sent to me during the downtime from the company GAME letting me know that a package has been dispatched. There may also have been another email sent from them with a special promotional code; something that I really wanted.

Do you guys reckon I'll get these emails eventually, when they are back 100%?

Thanks.

on in an hour!
22-10-2008, 18:35
No emails since 11 this morning, and I'm ex-telewest ... down here in the south-east.

hi oscar read my above apology ;)

joglynne
22-10-2008, 18:43
Presumably there are still some issues with blueyonder e-mail accounts that have not be sorted Raised : 22 Oct, 2008 17:36
Name : Colin Thornton, Outage Surveillence Team
Ticket Number : 825342
Estimated Resolution : 4 Hours
Priority : MSO
Services Affected: Broadband Internet

Description :
Customers nationally may be unable to access their
blueyonder e-mail accounts.

Our engineers are now investigating this issue.

Virgin Media apologise for any inconvenience
caused.

Virgin Media Technical Support

For more details on service affecting issues, visit our
website at http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

Wild Oscar
22-10-2008, 19:01
hi oscar read my above apology ;)

It's OK mate .. I'm just having spam withdrawal problems .. ;)

jls
23-10-2008, 10:33
emails now being received but ones sent to me yesterday have not.where do they go? i know they are not bounced back as i sent two to myself just to test and only one has been received.i have now got to contact companies who have probably sent emails already.it just makes you feel******.