PDA

View Full Version : Unsatisfactory service from Virgin Media

nadia
20-10-2008, 12:13
A technician from Virgin Media called this morning to check my land line which is faulty (very crackly). He concluded that a a cable outside my flat needs to be replaced. However, the date they are offering is November 10 and given that I use this line for work I desperately need it fixing before then.
Do I have any rights at all to demand they come sooner?
I have called the call centre in India and spoken to the operator and his manager but they just keep telling me November 10 is the earliest slot. I think this is really poor customer service and that they should employ more contractors if they can't provide a quicker service.
Does anyone have any experience of successfully getting them to be a bit more efficient or an suggest how I might proceed?

Thanks,

Kymmy
20-10-2008, 12:19
If you had a business contract with them (which you should be on if you're using the phone line for work) then you'd have a 6 hour SLA on Phone faults

But I presume you're on residential......

whydoIneedatech
20-10-2008, 12:23
Contact the Business arm on 0800 953 0180 Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm

nadia
20-10-2008, 12:26
Yes It's residential. I only work from home sometimes but at the moment the assignments I have require me making calls from home.

whydoIneedatech
20-10-2008, 12:28
Yes It's residential. I only work from home sometimes but at the moment the assignments I have require me making calls from home.
Give them a call or check out the website, it may better to go with them in the long run.

Kymmy
20-10-2008, 12:31
Sorry then but the fact that you use the phone for work won't really make any difference to the residential side...

Perhaps a backup like a VoIP line that you can forward the crackling phone too might be of some use for the mean time