PDA

View Full Version : I can't connect

Blorient
17-10-2008, 21:10
I started having problems a few weeks ago with connecting to the internet, guy came out and said it had been disconnected outside or something?

I had to buy a new wireless router as the current one would not connect and was working fine for 2 days until this morning at about 2am when i was playing PS3 and got signed off, it said a DNS error.

I came down this morning to test the computer because last time this happened i couldn't connect at all and lo and behold it wouldn't connect.

Just rang them now and he's told me to connect straight to the modem and take the router out of the equation. This has worked, but i want the wireless back and it won't connect to the internet on my Dekstop which is connected via wires to modem let alone connect on PS3 or Laptop.

So basically it connects like this : Modem > Desktop but won't connect Dekstop > Router > Modem like it used to.

It won't even show both networks either like it used to, before it would show LAN and then a Network Gateway? [I'm not sure of the name] above it.

Now it just shows LAN, also when i connect via router the lights on the Modem do not flash as they should.

Can anyone help as this has been going on for 2 weeks now and it's ****ing me off, i want to play Pro Evo online .

N.b, the guy also said the modem may need to be reconfigured, is that right? I don't have the slightest idea on how to.

The NTL modem is 2-3 years old.

Thanks

Didn't see the VM forum, so sorry about other thread.

Raistlin
17-10-2008, 21:12
I've removed the duplicate thread.

Blorient
17-10-2008, 21:52
Thanks.

I did not realise, i just googled some keywords of my problem and found this forum.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Fixed it.

Had to renew and release ip and configure MAC settings in Wireless router.

Delete this if you want.