PDA

View Full Version : No Broadband connection in Nottingham NG2 for a week

skypumpkin
17-10-2008, 09:00
just wondered if any one had heard anything!
When you ring the automated line it has said the same thing for a week that there is no internet in my area.
The only thing that confused me was we are through wireless internet with them.
they have told me there wireless is powered off the cable broadband.
Ever since we have had this service it has been rubbish!
they have told us if it is not the downtime problem which looks like it is going on forever!
We have to pay £250 for a new router!
Please can someone help and tell me if there wireless does run off there cable connection

Jeepers
17-10-2008, 09:23
yes get back onto them tell them unless they re emburse you for the loss of or poor service your going else ware ..you pay for a minimum of 2 meg 4 meg or 20 meg of broadband then you should get the service you are paying for ..are you on cable or using a dongal if your on cable i would highly recomend the buffalo router we had belkin prior to the buffolo and could not get the belkin router to work
also if its your reciever that virgin have supplied its down to virgin to replace it if its faulty
Hope that helps :) here is a link to the router we are using and it cost a lot less than 250 smackers http://www.ebuyer.com/product/97222/show_product_reviews

This happend to me and i was getting 2 meg and being billed for 4 meg they have to supply you the minimum of what they agreed ..
telephone virgin again and make your demands

skypumpkin
17-10-2008, 09:31
no we are on wireless through them and was told they send the signal from the cable broadband, so if that is down we will not be able to get the internet.
But i think from the sounds of it the whole of the NG2 area has no connection.
But i did not think there cable broadband would have anything to do woth there wireless service

Axegrinder
17-10-2008, 17:00
I'm in NG2 and the internets been fine.

skypumpkin
20-10-2008, 08:30
well i rang them on friday and they have told me they do not know what is wrong.
They basically told me they will run diagnostic tests for a week and then if after a week they find they can not connect us back on to the net they will let us cancel with no penalty.
If however they think we can get back the connection they will still charge us and not let us cancel.
I think if they say we can get back on and leave us with no connection i will go seek professional advise, cos as i see it they are breaking the contract, i.e will not be providing the service i pay for

chickendippers
20-10-2008, 08:33
Wireless? Do you mean Virgin Mobile Broadband?

skypumpkin
20-10-2008, 08:43
virgin asdl

chickendippers
20-10-2008, 12:39
Right, now we know which product you take we can help!

As it's an ADSL service it will use a BT phone line, therefore the first port of call should be the BT website to check for faults on your line: http://www.bt.com/faults/
You can also check your telephone exchange to see if there's a problem with it: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/