PDA

View Full Version : Problems in CF64 area..

N3il
16-10-2008, 12:53
I think some folks who post here also work for virgin media.. If you are one of them could you possibly check when this problem is due to be resolved? Its been going on for about a week now, getting much much worse over the last 3 days.

I tried ringing tech support just now and theres a message about problems here but it will be resolved 'as soon as possible' which isnt much use :(

Tried staying on the phone but i need to go out and its been a while now so i guess its busy there..

So if theres any idea how long this is likely to take I would be appreciative if you could let me know. I cant really complain about the service as this is my first fault in quite a few years, but would just like a realistic estimate as to how long this is going on for.

Cheers

whydoIneedatech
16-10-2008, 15:35
What are the symptoms such as what lights are lit on the modem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

Open a browser and in the address bar put> 192.168.100.1 password and username are both root if required.

What I want you to post is the Downstream and the Upstream plus what model the modem is for me thanks.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N3il
16-10-2008, 20:33
Symptoms are large packet loss, between 7% and 20% :(

Lights on are power sync and ready (solid lights).

enet snd and recv are all flashing rapidly

whydoIneedatech
16-10-2008, 20:41
Symptoms are large packet loss, between 7% and 20% :(

Lights on are power sync and ready (solid lights).

enet snd and recv are all flashing.
Please try and do what it says and post the results as I have previously asked
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post what modem you have and your power levels from your config pages of your modem. The should be a sticker on the bottom saying what model.

Open a browser and in the address bar put or click the link > http://192.168.100.1/ the password and username are both root if required.

What I want you to post is the Downstream power levels including the SNR and the Upstream power levels for me thanks.

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC ADDRESS OR SERIAL NUMBER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The above wil give us a lot more information to enable a possible solution.

N3il
16-10-2008, 20:46
Sorry posted that in another thread and you said it was spot on so I assumed that bit was a signature or something, lol. anyway its:

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 6
Downstream Frequency : 402750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 5360.537 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4
Downstream Receive Power Level : 0.6 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 40.3 dB

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 4
Upstream Frequency : 37500000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 38.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Modem is ntl 250 and its 20 meg service

Edit: the chap who came yesterday randomly said one of the engineers had left a note in a box or something which said they had put the signal up really high so we get a service, but that is going to cause instability.

I assume its all documented somewhere as theres a recorded message on tech support to say problems in CF64 area..

whydoIneedatech
16-10-2008, 20:58
I probably have seen it in another thread but they do change so I would ask for fresh reading.

It does look fine though, any note left by the engineer in the green cabinet will be just a guide for the next guy.

It is quite possible that the is some work going on with the uBR's in your area, as the is work going on resegmenting a lot of them at present around the country..

What are your speedtests like.

N3il
16-10-2008, 21:05
Engineer guy said there were men at the main something or other trying to fix it, wasnt quite sure what he said :(

Speed tests are quite weak, 6254 down and 584 up, its usually much better :(

whydoIneedatech
16-10-2008, 22:24
Engineer guy said there were men at the main something or other trying to fix it, wasnt quite sure what he said :(

Speed tests are quite weak, 6254 down and 584 up, its usually much better :(
Probably upgrading your uBR.

N3il
16-10-2008, 23:03
Alright, I will sit tight a few more days and see what happens.

Really hoping its fixed by saturday as I'm planning some serious cod4 over the weekend!

Thanks for looking into it for me anyway :)