PDA

View Full Version : Some sites won't load

CaLeDee
15-10-2008, 12:57
Hi, I have come here as a last resort as I've tried everything else. I'm starting to think it might be a virgin-media problem rather than just my problem. I have been trying to load this site http://lang-8.com/ for hours now. The only way I can get it to work is through proxies which I don't like using, as it restricts some features of the site. I wanted to know if other VM users can load the site and if so, why can't I? I have reset the modem/cleared browser cache+cookies etc/tried different browsers (FF+IE)/done a repair network/cleaned registry/opened all ports on router.. etc etc. I simply can't figure out what the problem is. Please help!

Wallace
15-10-2008, 13:00
Just tried it and it loads for me. It did take a few seconds though. Using FF v3.03.

Maggy
15-10-2008, 13:04
I had to to try twice before it loaded up for me...It does seem very slow.:erm:

mentalis
15-10-2008, 13:27
I have just tried this now, and the site seems to get stuck in a loop, but eventually does load.

I am at work on a BT ADSL line, so it may not be a VM issue but a problem with the site.

CaLeDee
15-10-2008, 13:34
So it does load for others.. I even tried changing my router firmware and it still just gives me page load error, with network timeout.. I really don't understand it.

browney
15-10-2008, 13:36
Took about a min for it to load for me. I'm getting 300ms pings to it and 19hops also it's in Japan

D.Casey
15-10-2008, 13:42
Took about a min for it to load for me. I'm getting 300ms pings to it and 19hops also it's in Japan

Same here :cool:

CaLeDee
15-10-2008, 14:02
Yea it's a Japanese based site. The other site that won't load for me is http://www.geocities.jp/tomomi965/index2.html

Which is also Japanese.. I can load tonnes of other jp sites fine though. These ones won't work at all just.

Fatec
15-10-2008, 14:20
Yea it's a Japanese based site. The other site that won't load for me is http://www.geocities.jp/tomomi965/index2.html

Which is also Japanese.. I can load tonnes of other jp sites fine though. These ones won't work at all just.

Loads instantly for me.

First link took quite some time though.

unnamed1975
15-10-2008, 14:56
i am also get some sites that wont load even msn.co.uk wont work for me

am also in the Liverpool area

CIS
15-10-2008, 15:24
Liverpool area AGAIN today, sites not loading, internet not responding.

.co.uk's (some) are loading (but taking there time)

It's getting past the joke stage and into the, looking at ADSL packages stage.

If it's not slow, then it's just not working at all - and Liverpool has been this way for weeks now.

philyb
15-10-2008, 15:30
Liverpool has been awful since a few hours ago, just now been able to get on this site but was limited to one or two based in the damn US for the past few.

xxxxxx
15-10-2008, 18:02
I spoke to Virgin regarding the Liverpool area, and they said that it should be okay by Saturday; they are doing some upgrades from the 14th to the 17th of this month, so everything should be okay by Saturday.

If it's still not fixed by Monday, I might switch servers.